Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Urp not work with Unity 2023.1.0b3

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by sorcerboo, Feb 16, 2023.

1. sorcerboo

sorcerboo

Hello,
    My project was updated from 2023.1.0b1 to 2023.1.0b3.
    I got message:

After update I got URP error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.CreatePipeline () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@15.0.4/Runtime/Data/UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.cs:736)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset.InternalCreatePipeline () (at <631621054b3941649341ebe103c9c55b>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    Scene and Game windows is full black/gray, not violet like material not updated.
    I try reinstall URP package and reinstall Unity, but it doesn't help.
    New empty project with URP have same alert, but after update work fine.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  2. sorcerboo

sorcerboo

Update to 2023.1.0b4 doesn't fix problem.
    All package is updated to last version.

I found that "URP Renderer" file in migrated version not correctly understood by the system.
    On screenshot: Left migrated project, Right new created 2023.1.0b4
    I tried to copy-paste filed of URP setting from "new" project to "migrated".
    I tried to copy-paste "Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@15.0.4" from "new" project to "migrated", it doesn't help.

Simple solution to fix it - create new project and move all Assets and install packages.
    Or copy Library folder from "new" to "migrated" project. - so problem with some library, but not URP.

Attached Files:

• urp.png
      urp.png
      File size:
      450 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2023