Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug URP not rendering right-eye in VR (2019.3.0b7)

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by TwilightSquire, Oct 16, 2019.

1. TwilightSquire

TwilightSquire

Couldn't find anything about this in the issue tracker, but my Valve Index HMD will not render the right-eye in any URP project Multi-Pass or Single Pass rendering. Normal 3D projects work just fine—it's specific to the URP template.

Looking for help on this issue, otherwise I will post a bug report.

Thanks,
    TS

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    threebeerhonesty and crude_slick like this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report for that issue?

3. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

I can confirm this has been happening to me too for a few weeks now.

4. RHylland

RHylland

Unity Technologies

This may be due to post processing in the URP template. There is a known issue where post processing does not work correctly. Try turning it off and see if that helps. Multipass rendering with URP will also not work right now and you can get one eye that won't render.

5. Idodi1337

Idodi1337

Hi it has been 2 months and this problem still persists. Is there a solution for this?

Claytonious likes this.
  6. Claytonious

Claytonious

Is there any news about this?

7. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Still not working, even in latest beta. Multipass don´t render right eye

8. KospY

KospY

Got the same issue with multipass.
    Fortunately I use single pass for performance reason but I feel bad for people having to use multi pass as it's broken right now.
    Unity should add this to the known issues by the way.

9. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

It's a shame it wasn't fixed yet as it's a pretty critical problem. URP feels like it's been neglected for a while.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  10. Jichaels

Jichaels

Using single pass instanced and urp / new XR package, my terrain only renders on the left eye aswell...

11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

12. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Hi Leonhard, we are having several other issues with URP on Android VR (Oculus Go/Quest) where we feel there has been slow progress since October last year when we had a response from the XR Graphics Lead on it but more issues have come up since then than fixes, see below.

-UniversalRP on Oculus Quest/Go won't render depth pass/UI/transparent shaders with MSAA on (this includes UI and Shader Graph materials that use Depth) - case 1184810 with a detailed explanation from DeniDeRyke here but no PR to fix it since
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/5060#pullrequestreview-321337559

-Fixed-Foveated Rendering currently doesn't work with UniversalRP unless we edit the Forwardrenderer.cs to remove a blit that prevents FFR from working, we have to use this branch to get around it or an alternative solution in a forum post below: https://github.com/prefrontalcortex/ScriptableRenderPipeline/tree/ffr-hack
    Forum post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/fix...-quest-not-working.686662/page-2#post-5374089

The FFR issue is mentioned by Oculus here https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/

"Using the Unity Universal Render Pipeline may break Fixed Foveated Rendering on Oculus Quest and Oculus Go when using the linear color space or modifying the eye texture resolution scale."

13. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This issue seems to stem from a driver issue on Oculus side. We're currently waiting for Oculus to check up on that suspicion.

This bug is scheduled to be tackled in the team’s next sprint.

14. Claytonious

Claytonious

Fantastic!

ROBYER1 likes this.
  15. KospY

KospY

FlightOfOne and ROBYER1 like this.
  16. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

A PR on the SRP repo was made for this to include a test scene for their automated testing and merged into master like a month ago https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/4803

The test flags up that Opaque Texture sampling is broken so it should be very clear to them it isn't working. Haven't seen it fixed yet..

17. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

ROBYER1 likes this.
  18. lassade

lassade

This issue still does not have a solution but, if you can, by disable opaqueTexture in your PipelineAsset. with this I was able to keep both transparency and MSAA working with both URP 7.2 and 7.3 in Multiview mode. It may have some other gochas but here is the post I got the idea from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/5060#issuecomment-562692795

ROBYER1 likes this.
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

I try to port an image effect to URP for VR and seems impossible, i cannot even get a simple Blit work, the sampling of the main texture seems wrong whatever i tried

Code (csharp):
    2. struct v2f {
    3.         float4 pos : SV_POSITION;
    4.         float2 uv : TEXCOORD0;
    5. //#if UNITY_UV_STARTS_AT_TOP
    6.         float2 uv1 : TEXCOORD1;
    7. //#endif  
    8.         UNITY_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO
    9.     };
    11. //UNITY_DECLARE_SCREENSPACE_TEXTURE(_MainTex);
    12.     half4 fragAdd(v2f i) : SV_Target{
    13.         UNITY_SETUP_STEREO_EYE_INDEX_POST_VERTEX(i);
    15.         //half4 colorA = tex2D(_MainTex, UnityStereoScreenSpaceUVAdjust(i.uv.xy, _MainTex_ST));
    16.         //half4 colorA = SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D(_MainTex, sampler_MainTex, UnityStereoScreenSpaceUVAdjust(i.uv.xy, _MainTex_ST));
    17.         half4 colorA = SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D(_MainTex, sampler_MainTex, i.uv.xy);
    18.         //half4 colorA = SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D_ARRAY(_MainTex, sampler_MainTex, i.uv.xy, unity_StereoEyeIndex);
    19.         return  colorA;
    20.     }
    22.     struct Attributes
    23.     {
    24.         float4 positionOS       : POSITION;
    25.         float2 uv               : TEXCOORD0;
    26.         UNITY_VERTEX_INPUT_INSTANCE_ID
    27.     };
    28.     v2f vert(Attributes v) {
    29.         v2f o = (v2f)0;
    30.         //UNITY_SETUP_INSTANCE_ID(o);
    31.         UNITY_INITIALIZE_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO(o); //0.2
    33.         VertexPositionInputs vertexInput = GetVertexPositionInputs(v.positionOS.xyz);
    35.         o.pos = float4(vertexInput.positionCS.xy, 0.0, 1.0);
    36.         float2 uv = v.uv;
    37. #if !UNITY_UV_STARTS_AT_TOP
    38.         uv = uv * float2(1.0, -1.0) + float2(0.0, 1.0);  
    39. #endif
    40.         o.uv = uv;
    41.         return o;
    42.     }
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. In the post image effect i just blit the background in a temporary texture and render it with this pass, this works ok on normal pass VR, but single pass instanced is not working.

Code (csharp):
    2. Blit(cmd, source, m_TemporaryColorTexture.Identifier()); //KEEP BACKGROUND      
    4. Blit(cmd, m_TemporaryColorTexture.Identifier(), source, material, 4);
    this is what i see in single pass instanced VR (using the mock VR module of Unity)
    upload_2020-4-25_0-12-54.png

20. DionisioLuisPT

DionisioLuisPT

I changed my project to use URP, and the right eye stopped working ( Oculus Rift / Quest )
    I've read on the top that this issue is fixed ? or I read it wrong ?

21. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Use Opengles not Vulkan

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

I now have the same issue trying to convert a image effect to VR with standard pipeline, i get black in right eye with Mock HMD in single pass instanced even though i have followed all instruction in the docs, is this a known bug ?

23. adamgffrd

adamgffrd

I am having the same issue. Just got ready to build out my demo project and MultiPass and AA are not working when building for XR. Appears to be the same exact issue that everyone here is having. Are we getting a fix for this, am I doing something wrong? Need some help please. Please let me know what information you need from me to move this forward.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

HI,

Is URP working now with multi pass VR ? I se latest 2021 released Beta 2021.2.0a17

I had zero luck converting to single pass instanced or multi pass, nothing seems to work

e.g. unity_StereoEyeIndex is always zero

Any help would be greatly appreciated

25. KCGames47

KCGames47

I have an issue in 2021.2 where right eye is not rendering objects with transparent material.. using multipass

26. X_hnknta

X_hnknta

So has this problem been solved? I also meet this problem now. What solution should I use :(

27. hvpd23

hvpd23

Still having this problem.
    Any solution?

28. zhangwlgq_unity

zhangwlgq_unity

Still having this problem tooooo. And I found that if only default meshes(Cube, Sphere, etc.) exist in the scene, the render result will be correct.
    Any ideas?

29. bebo77

bebo77

I have the same problem on unity 2021.3.20f1 when I import an assetbundle... i don't understand how is it possible that after 4 years this bug is still not fixed!

I will try with U2022 and 2023 but I have little hope.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  30. bebo77

bebo77

Unity 2022 and 2023 have the same problem!

When I import an object with assebundle, it can only be seen with the left eye in singlepass, while in multipass you don't see the shadows and the effect is very annoying because the two eyes see different things.
    I don't know what to do, I'm too advanced with the project now.

31. Gasteryoug

Gasteryoug

Do you have any idea to solve this problem like add a multiply to make 2 versions of the effect ?

32. NestorVG

NestorVG

I guess the only thing I can do is to bump this once more.
    Issue is not being fixed and after Unity's stunt, I don't know if it will ever get propper suport.
    Shame.