Search Unity

URP No longer working on 2021.2.0b5

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by willnnotdan, Aug 3, 2021.

1. willnnotdan

willnnotdan

Hey - not sure if this is a bug or intentional but when making a shader with the target of URP it tells you to tick the "Support VFX Graph" box in the inspector but there is no such box. Is this because it has been temporarily disabled? Or maybe I have a local configuration that is wrong. Just thought Id raise in case for awareness.

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @willnnotdan ,

I believe this is more of an UI issue, I don't think it should affect the functionality.
    You can swap back to the old implementation by disabling the Improved Shader Graph Generation in the Preferences:

For context, we refactored the Shader Graph integration for the VFX Graph in HDRP and are still working on doing the same in URP (thus the strange message). The refactor will bring the ability to use any HDRP/URP shader, without the need to specify the Visual Effect target, and allow you to use all of the SRP-specific material types and properties.

As mentioned, this is already the case for HDRP and we are working on it for URP.

Attached Files:

3. willnnotdan

willnnotdan

That is great thanks a lot

4. SniperED007

SniperED007

I'm using Unity 2021.2.7f1 and URP and the "Support VFX Graph" option is there, I enable it but it then doesn't allow me to assign it to the "Shader Graph" field on a VFX graph output node.
    Has support for this been dropped in URP?

5. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @SniperED007,

Just tried it and it seems to work fine:

Can you provide a bit more info on what issues you are encountering?

Attached Files:

6. SniperED007

SniperED007

7. karma0413

karma0413

For anyone following this thread, the documentation is a little confusing for me personally.... I was having difficulty to see the option for a shader graph inside of my visual effect....

SniperED007 gives the link to the documentation, and at the very bottom is the TITLE: "Using a Shader Graph in a Visual Effect".

There you see that under Edit > Preferences > Visual Effects > Experimental Operations/Blocks SET TRUE