Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

URP Lit shader with World space UV mapping and Height Maps (Tesselation)

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by cecoka, Feb 26, 2021.

1. cecoka

cecoka

TL;DR - How to make URP Lit shader with both World space UV mapping and Height Maps (Tesselation) combo.

Log story short I am currently developing an architectural platform for design automation with Unity WebGL being the at front end. Because of my platform being web only I chose URP over HDRP. My goal was to achieve highly customisable architectural design so graphics were not in focus until now.

I am currently trying to add simple PBR materials with World space UV mapping and Height Maps (Tesselation) but that seems to be more difficult than expected. I am using Unity 202.2.5f1 and URP 10.3.1 (recently updated to latest version ) and I my options are limited to:
    1. Using the built-in URP Lit shader with Height Maps (Tesselation) but NO option for World space UV mapping (as I couldn't edit in code the Lit shader) or
    2. Using the Shader Graph with World space UV mapping but NO Tesselation as Height Maps are not included in the Master Node
    Does anyone know to achieve World space UV mapping and Height Maps (Tesselation) combo in any way? This my first Unity project so I really do not have preference on workflow as long as I gets me the results.

unityunity