Search Unity

Bug URP HRD support for Vulkan Quest/Quest2

Discussion in 'VR' started by Epic_Cube, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Epic_Cube

Epic_Cube

Hi all,
    I'm working on a Quest/Quest 2 VR project based on URP (version 12.1.6, Unity 2021.3.3).
    I'm trying to use Vulkan instead of OpenGL ES3. Everything works fine but one thing: I need to use Bloom post effect but if I enable HDR in Render Pipeline settings, the app crashes on startup.
    Any solution?

Thank you

2. glenneroo

glenneroo

Crashing is weird but it might be Vulkan related as it's still in experimental state (according to Oculus). Also to note, Post Processing on the Quest is generally frowned upon as it's very hard to implement without dropping FPS drastically, not to mention that Bloom is one of the most GPU intensive PP effects you can use and there are numerous threads about people wondering how to get it to work properly with everyone pretty much agreeing, don't bother.

If you somehow manage to get it to not crash, I don't think you will have much luck getting a steady 72 FPS unless you disable everything else.

On the other hand, here is a sample project using Bloom but without Vulkan.

3. Epic_Cube

Epic_Cube

Thank you for your reply.
    I generally use bloom in my OpenGL ES3 VR apps with no problems.
    I've read the oculus page you shared about vulkan support, but since I read somewhere (cannot find the link, sorry) that Vulkan is no more experimental in the last versions of unity, I wanted to try using it in my VR app.
    It runs very well on my Quest, but I found this bug about HDR support.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

If you have the latest LTS, Oculus Integration asset version and Oculus XR Plugin and it still crashes make a bug report

5. Epic_Cube

Epic_Cube

I'm not using Oculus integration right now. I'm just using XR Interaction Toolkit and everything works fine with both OpenGL ES3 and Vulkan. The crash appears in my case only enabling HDR in URP settings

DevDunk likes this.
  6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Then make a bug report yeah

7. Epic_Cube

Epic_Cube

do you know where I can do that?

8. DevDunk

DevDunk

In editor click help -> make bug report

9. Epic_Cube

Epic_Cube