Search Unity

Question URP how to change RenderFeatures properties/settings at runtime

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by curiouspers, Jun 3, 2020.

1. curiouspers

curiouspers

Let's say I made custom Render Feature pass, with outlines, bloom and lut correction, and I want the user/player to be able to change this settings in game to balance performance/quality, how can I do that?

I searched for methods in UnityEngine.Rendering.GraphicsSettings.renderPipelineAsset and googled a lot, but can't find anything useful.

To clarify, I'm trying to change any of these settings:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  2. curiouspers

curiouspers

I think I found what I was looking for, but why is it protected?
    What's the reason, and how do I change something in some RenderFeature if that list is protected, how am I suppose to use it "the right way"?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    laurentlavigne, BOXOPHOBIC and JesOb like this.
  3. curiouspers

curiouspers

I really need help as I spent almost a week on this, and still can't figure out how to change something like USE_BLOOM value from the screenshot above by user from game settings, not forking URP. Can someone please push me in the right direction?

4. curiouspers

curiouspers

Turns out I can get access to this list using reflections like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var _rendererFeatures = _pipelineAssetCurrent.scriptableRenderer.GetType()
    2.                     .GetProperty("rendererFeatures", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance)
    3.                     ?.GetValue(_pipelineAssetCurrent.scriptableRenderer, null) as List<ScriptableRendererFeature>;
    If somebody will find this useful, make sure you're executing it only one time on Awake or Init, cause it's quite expensive.

dionen and laurentlavigne like this.
  5. sebasopp

sebasopp

That worked to get the list. I am trying to change Settings of the URP SSAO RenderFeature. With your code i can enable/disable the feature, but i cant access attributes. For that i think i would need to cast the Feature to
    ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclusionPass but this is not possible ... Sad