Search Unity

Question URP doesn't seem to be using the AR-screen's depth-buffer correctly for calculations.

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by JYGames_1, Mar 29, 2021.

1. JYGames_1

JYGames_1

I need the Depth buffer on the screen to calculate the water depth effect. but It was impossible.
    It seems that URP is not able to fetch the depth-buffer of ar-screen. We eagerly await any help related to this.
    (I have tested almost all URP versions with MARS 1.2/1.3 supported by Unity 2020 and 2021.)

2. JonathanNUnity

JonathanNUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi JYGames_1,
    Are you trying to get the depth information for your camera render from URP, the AR depth information from AR Foundation or from Unity MARS simulation? If you are wanting the depth information for your 3d scene from URP you will need to enable that in your Render Pipeline Asset. Some information about how to enable the camera depth texture in URP can be found here. To access the depth information from AR Foundation you will need to use the AROcclusionManager.

3. JYGames_1

JYGames_1

Thanks , but my project is set up that way. However, the version of URP is 11 and the feature reated with camera depth buffer certainly appears to be malfunctioning. Are there any known issues with the recent URP version? I have confirmed many times that the same problem occurs even with minimal settings in a clean scene. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?