Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

URP Demo Scene Blue Tinge

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by francois85, Jul 2, 2020.

1. francois85

francois85

I wanted to test 2019.4LTS with the URP before moving my project over but im see this blue tinge on the demo scene that I did not see on 2019.3. Any ideas ? All banking is done.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.39.38 PM.png

2. HDBGraphics

HDBGraphics

Unity Technologies

Hi francois85

Looks like some time has passed since you posted this - are you still having trouble with this issue?

When I've noticed similar behaviour before, it was fixed by re-opening the scene. Also, if it's the same behaviour that I saw, the blue tint will not show when you build the project.

3. francois85

francois85

Thanks for checking in, I have not opened the project again since this post so I'm not sure if it was fixed in later versions of URP. I do remember that reopening the project would sometimes fix the problem, maybe that is useful information

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Looks like the cyan color materials have when their shaders are being compiled with the async shader compiler. If you're updating Unity, or deleted the Library folder, all the URP shaders most likely needed to recompile.

It's possible the reflection probes were refreshed during this process, so all they're seeing was a cyan scene. Kind of an unhappy accident if that is the case. Shouldn't appear again after disabling/enabling the probes, reopening the scene or restarting Unity, as all these actions will refresh the reflection probes (assuming they're configured to refresh On Awake)

HDBGraphics likes this.
unityunity