Search Unity

URP Demo Scene Blue Tinge

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by RoughSpaghetti3211, Jul 2, 2020.

1. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

I wanted to test 2019.4LTS with the URP before moving my project over but im see this blue tinge on the demo scene that I did not see on 2019.3. Any ideas ? All banking is done.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.39.38 PM.png

2. HDBGraphics

HDBGraphics

Unity Technologies

Hi francois85

Looks like some time has passed since you posted this - are you still having trouble with this issue?

When I've noticed similar behaviour before, it was fixed by re-opening the scene. Also, if it's the same behaviour that I saw, the blue tint will not show when you build the project.

3. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Thanks for checking in, I have not opened the project again since this post so I'm not sure if it was fixed in later versions of URP. I do remember that reopening the project would sometimes fix the problem, maybe that is useful information

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Looks like the cyan color materials have when their shaders are being compiled with the async shader compiler. If you're updating Unity, or deleted the Library folder, all the URP shaders most likely needed to recompile.

It's possible the reflection probes were refreshed during this process, so all they're seeing was a cyan scene. Kind of an unhappy accident if that is the case. Shouldn't appear again after disabling/enabling the probes, reopening the scene or restarting Unity, as all these actions will refresh the reflection probes (assuming they're configured to refresh On Awake)

HDBGraphics likes this.
  5. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

This just happened to me with a new project and its very weird.

Created a new project from the hub in Unity 2019.4.21f, added a cube to the sample scene and its tinted with blue/cyan ( see below ). I did nothing else but that, changed no settings from their defaults.

This was after creating another new project that had the same problem, and from before that creating another new project that imported the 'Silent Cel Shading Shader' from gitlab that I wanted to evaluate, which also had the same issue! Initially I thought the cel shading had somehow messed up the unity installation, though I couldn't see how that would be the case.

After trying to work out what the problem was its pretty clear that its coming from the Environment lighting, probably the scene default reflection probe. Its easy to tell as when opening the project for a few seconds the objects are correctly coloured in grey until the 'Auto Generate' lighting is built for the scene.

Things I tried
    • Multiple attempts at forcing the lighting to be rebuilt using different lighting settings. It did rebuild but always had the blue tint to it.
    • Switched to Linear from Gamma color space - this worked, objects went back to the default grey look, but whenever I switched back to gamma the blue tint would return. Obviously this is not useful if the project is meant to use gamma color space.
    • Switch build target from PC to Android - this also worked, but switching back the blue tint returned.
    • I changed the environmental Lighting source from skybox to color but I don't remember if that made a difference.
    • Eventually I restarted the PC - no change.

Finally I appear to have fixed it by deleting the library and letting Unity rebuild it. Though I find this a bit weird since the problem has manifested itself is several newly create projects and I don't see how that could happen.

So yeah very weird.

Unity Blue Tinge.PNG

6. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Just a quick fix that worked for me, I just rotate the directional light slightly, and the cyan tint is gone :D

7. Prometheus343

Prometheus343

Dude!! ,Thank you so much, it worked, just rotate the camera and it'll fix it. THANK YOU !!

8. ElliotB

ElliotB

Same, really unexpected bug. Wish I had found this thread earlier!

9. EricJ13

EricJ13

I experienced this on a new project. Deleting Library didn't help but making any transform change to the Directional light in the scene fixed it, thanks BOXOPHOBIC.

10. rc82

rc82

YES! THANK YOU!

11. Alex_the_Coder

Alex_the_Coder

Often this is related to missing lighting settings. Check Rendering -> Lighting -> First tab.

deXter_969 and fabioroz like this.
  12. thedetective456

thedetective456

Yo! That's insane dude. It worked!!!

13. CyprianStal

CyprianStal

WOW thaks it work

14. Flavelius

Flavelius

For me only cleaning the GI cache worked, rotating the main light, restarting, deleting library did not.

15. fabioroz

fabioroz

worked for me: Window>Rendering>Lighting (I tried moving a couple of things in the second tab, don't know if that was the solution but as soon as I clicked on "Generate Lightning" the blue color was gone.

16. rasmusn

rasmusn

Unity Technologies

Hi everybody! This issue turned out to be pretty tricky to diagnose but we have now diagnosed it fully and identified fixes. In addition to being fixed on our master branch, the fixes is currently being backported to 2019.4, 2020.3, 2021.2. It should part of the coming patch releases. You can see status here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ment-lighting-intensity-multiplier-is-1-dot-0.

Investigation showed that the root cause for this issue was a problem with the underlying shading/material compilation system. Whenever a reflection probe was baked while shaders were still compiling, Unity should block and wait for the shaders to compile. However, due to the issue it did not, and that caused the cyan loading shader to be used for the probe rendering. This is the reason cyan leaked into the probes.

On top of that, various caching mechanisms meant that the "bad cyan probes" may be reused even after the shaders were long done compiling.

As mentioned above, the easiest way to fix this issue is to clear the GI cache and then rebake reflection probes. Of course, this won't be necessary for probes baker after the fix mentioned above lands on your machine.

rz_0lento, Flavelius and PutridEx like this.
  17. Daniellecampisi

Daniellecampisi

I had the same issue this worked!