Search Unity

URP Decals on WebGL

Discussion in 'Web' started by tiggaxxx, May 16, 2022.

1. tiggaxxx

tiggaxxx

Hi,

I'm trying to use some URP Decals on my project, they work fine on the editor, but when i test it on the build they don't show up.

Does anyone know if there are any incompatibilities or any specific configuration for it to work?

KrystofZacek likes this.
  2. KrystofZacek

KrystofZacek

Happened to me today too. I suspect "Unused shader stripping" which I had turned on on my URP project. Not only decals were gone but also terrain details and the terrain looked weirdly glossy. When I turned shader stripping off the build took ages and after publishing it failed to show in browser with "Out of memory" error. The URP WebGL support appears to be seriously broken in current 2022.1.6f1. Very sad for URP being positioned to become the primary pipeline.

3. CiroContns

CiroContns

Unity Legend

Late to the party, but to help whoever is looking like I was, at the moment Decals in URP seem to only work if the technique set in your URP Renderer is on Screen Space (or Automatic). Set it to DBuffer and they won't show up.

Schermata 2022-12-06 alle 14.53.07.png

However, like @KrystofZacek I also get a weird flickering on other objects when I build. That I don't know what is it!

4. anisslimani

anisslimani

Hello, i changed the technique as you suggested but after i do a WebGL build, my decals still do not appear. I am not quite sure what to do now :(

5. chaosgrid

chaosgrid

hey guys, I tried all the tips in this thread and this is still not working in Unity LTS 2022.3.3f1 and URP 14.0.8 ...

Anybody got this working?

6. DavidDreamer

DavidDreamer

It seems like theres in no available solution for decals on WebGL.
    DBuffer is not suppoted.
    Screen Space supports only normal blending, which is not what you need in most cases.