Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

URP Color Curves Post-Processing Blending Issue

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by YeolD, Apr 22, 2020.

1. YeolD

YeolD

Hello, I'm having some issues with the URP post-proc volume blending. Basically, it doesn't seem to work for the color curves override and will just switch from one volume to another immediately instead of doing a smooth blend as other overrides do.

I've poked around a bit in the SRP github repo and it seems curve interpolation isn't implemented for volumes (see here) so it just falls back to the default on/off implementation (I might be wrong; I don't know that codebase and haven't spent much time looking). This is a problem for out artists as they were rather eager to use color curves for post-proc.

So, assuming it's not an issue on my side, is there any ETA for a fix for this?

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey @YeolD, I'll chase this post up for you to see if we can help!

3. YeolD

YeolD

Appreciate it, thanks.

4. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

Hey, I am having the same issue. Not being able to blend the colour curve is a blocker for me.

Has there been any movement on this?

Is there anyway that I could add this functionality on my end?

5. unity_gXMf6CYoIQUZJw

unity_gXMf6CYoIQUZJw

Hello, same issue here.
    Is there a chance it will be fixed in next version?

6. YeolD

YeolD

You could probably fork the render-pipelines.core package and implement the curve interpolation function in Runtime/Volume/VolumeParameter.cs at the very end of the file. No promises, that's just from a quick reading of the code a little while back and I haven't tried it since the issue isn't (yet) a blocker for me.

7. Silverlode

Silverlode

@Shaunyowns And update on this? I'm having this issue too. (Unity 2019.4.9f1 & URP 7.5.1)

8. AlgolStar

AlgolStar

Hi, I got the same issue and I paid lots of time to rewrite cacheData and keyframe, none of the effects. Seems there still has no func to lerp curves. (Used Unity2019.4.17f1)

9. gmodarelli

gmodarelli

10. coutlass-supreme

coutlass-supreme

bump.

Im usng Unity 2020.3.12f1, does anyone know if this was solved in later versions?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  11. SonicCane11

SonicCane11

I seem to be having this issue, too. Unity 2021.1.21f1. Is there a workaround or a solution?

12. DavidNLN

DavidNLN

Still not working, Any updates please? been over 3 years now

13. Jsigvard

Jsigvard

I too would like to hear if any progress has been made on this over the last three years?

14. BeAnotherLab

BeAnotherLab

I was able to find a work around for this in URP. Basically it stores every point in the curve you want to apply and then increases the amplitude as the volume weight is increased. I guess it's not perfect as it's not linear and will tend to accumulate faster towards the end but it did the job for me

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEngine.Rendering;
    4. using UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal;
    6. public class ModifyColorTuning : MonoBehaviour //tracks the volume weight so that the color curves can be applied progressively
    7. {
    8.     [SerializeField] private Volume _volume;
    9.     private ColorCurves _colorCurvesEffect;
    11.     [SerializeField]
    12.     private AnimationCurve _initialCurve;
    14.     private void Start()
    15.     {
    16.         _volume.profile.TryGet(typeof(ColorCurves), out _colorCurvesEffect);
    18.         for (int i = 0; i <= _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value.length; i++)
    19.         {
    20.             Debug.Log("key " + i + " time " +  _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].time + " value " + _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].value);
    21.             Debug.Log("key " + i + " time " +  _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].time + " value " + _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].value);
    22.             _initialCurve.AddKey(_colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].time, _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value[i].value);
    23.         }
    24.     }
    26.     private void Update()
    27.     {
    28.         _colorCurvesEffect.SetDirty();
    29.         for (int i = 0; i < _initialCurve.length; i++)
    30.         {
    31.             _colorCurvesEffect.hueVsSat.value.MoveKey(i,  new Keyframe(_initialCurve[i].time, (_initialCurve[i].value  - 0.5f ) * _volume.weight + 0.5f ));
    32.         }
    33.     }
    35. }

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.