Search Unity

URP Camera stacking not working properly with AR Foundation 3.0.1

Discussion in 'AR' started by forteller, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forteller

forteller

Hello,
    I have a single overlay camera in my camera stack which deals with rendering some (world-space) UI elements. They position correctly in the editor, even when using a custom pose provider and moving the cameras via that provider. As soon as I build the app to my IPad, however, the objects on the overlay camera drift off from their expected positions (on the objects in the base camera) when I rotate the device and move it around. For some reason the overlay and base camera do not seem to be updating identically on the IPad in the camera stack.

I have no idea why this is happening, any solutions, explanations, or alternative solutions (to a camera stack to render world-space UI elements which must always appear on top) would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

ArFoundation 3.01
    Unity 2020.1.0b7
    ARKit XR Plugin 3.0.4
    URP 8.0.1

silidragos and Natacus like this.
  2. jensVrag

jensVrag

Did you ever get ahead on this? Camera stacking together with AR seems to plain not be working in URP..

3. forteller

forteller

I ended up just using Renderer Features as a slightly lower level strategy to achieve the same effect. I haven't tested it since though, what version of Unity are you one? I think I remember reading some fixes for the camera stacking in some patch notes somewhere but I could be mistaken...

jensVrag likes this.
  4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

As this is a very old thread, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If y'all would like to continue, please create a new thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.