Search Unity

URP and karting miniproject

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wstout101, Oct 28, 2021.

1. wstout101

wstout101

Hi,
    I'm trying to import the Karting miniGame into a URP project and I get several errors. Is the kart minigame fundamentaly incompatible with URP?

Errors:

Assets\Scripts\SimpleCameraController.cs(2,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'InputSystem' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Scripts\SimpleCameraController.cs(81,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputAction' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

GUID [eabc9546105bf4accac1fd62a63e88e6] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.learn.iet-framework/Editor/Layouts/DefaultLayout.wlt' conflicts with:
    'Assets/TutorialInfo/Layout.wlt' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

I don't think any of these errors are related to URP.

The first two look like you need to install the new Unity Input System in your package manager.

The last error looks like GUID conflict between the two assets listed. Do you need both these in order to complete the tutorial? The quickest way to resolve this would be to delete one or the other, but I'm not familiar with this particular tutorial. Did the Assets/TutorialInfo/ folder install as part of the tutorial? Did the tutorial specify that you need to have the iet-framework package installed?

3. Juldnarr

Juldnarr

Greetings, posting this from my future (your past), for any seekers like me who run across this issue. Regarding GUID [eabc9546105bf4accac1fd62a63e88e6], most likely this error comes from doing a tutorial that requires you to install a package containing the ClientNetworkTransform (I downloaded mine from the url provided in the official netcode documentation. Also the url currently has an extra "> " in it that needs to be deleted to fix the url). IF your project is also using URP, you will get a conflict. The conflict is with the Layout.wlt file located in the TutorialInfo folder that you get when using URP. I deleted that file and reinstalled the package for ClientNetworkTransform and I did not get the error. I don't know if this will effect things later on, but so far everything seems fine.