Search Unity

URP and HDRP templates missing in 2021.2.0f1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SimonJ9, Nov 2, 2021.

1. SimonJ9

SimonJ9

Just updated to 2021.2. The URP and HDRP templates are missing in the project creation page. Anywhere to install these templates?

upload_2021-11-1_21-0-39.png

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You should be able to just add the appropriate packages in the package manager instead of using a template.

3. BillyWM

BillyWM

FYI they're back in 1f1

4. SimonJ9

SimonJ9

Thank you for the reply. I guess the reason is I had several different versions of Unity, some installed through Unity Hub, some installed manually. I also have some modules installed manually. I also made some changes to the Appdata folder that I couldn't recall. I just uninstalled all versions of Unity and reinstalled the hub and it is now able to retrieve the templates.

5. xzesstence

xzesstence

That nobody of the Unity Team is properly testing this.. actually very sad

FM-Productions and igneouswork like this.
  6. altepTest

altepTest

testing the UI project here. downloading the latest 2021 version, 2021.3.9f1

only 3 templates included, 2D, 3D, 2DURP

no button or any idea how to get other templates.

yeap, the unity i remember

7. Yuchen_Chang

Yuchen_Chang

Are you using Unity Hub? Apparently it's a better choice to use it for better experience.

8. altepTest

altepTest

yes

9. FM-Productions

FM-Productions

Ran into the same issue just now. I only wanted to have a comparison what package versions I need to install for urp to work in a 2021.3 project. I was following the URP installation page for an existing project but installing urp with the default settings and it's dependencies gave me plenty of script errors related to the urp package.
    Edit: Errors have been resolved now, apparently I had some meta file conflicts, related to my own scripts. Not the fault of the package. Would still nice to see the templates for 2021

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  10. Harpaceas

Harpaceas

Had the same issue, I just installed the new Unity Hub version and the problem has been solved

mzasa likes this.