Search Unity

URP 3D scene is all white on builds - but only in certain scenes, for certain people

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by clairesong711, Nov 22, 2020.

1. clairesong711

clairesong711

Hi there! This is my first post on Unity forums, and we are a bit desperate so any ideas are appreciated! Please let me know if this post belongs someplace else, I can totally move it.

My partner and I just released our first indie game on Friday. We've gotten a lot of positive responses, but unfortunately we got an email about a problem that neither of us can quite wrap our heads around. For them, one of the scenes (the main puzzle solving scene) was all white, with only the UI visible on top of it. I've attached here the screenshot they sent us. Unfortunately, we got a second person having the same issue on our discord, so we know it's a problem for multiple users.

What's strange is that the scenes prior to this, the main menu and the quest select, were also 3D scenes with UI above it, but they were able to render just fine. The only difference we've seen is that this scene has a lot more objects in it, and is more intensive to load in. We've also discovered that if the person changes their resolution/fullscreen settings, the problem resolves itself.

We are a bit lost as to how to approach this issue, since neither of us can replicate it. We received with the email report the person's computer specs, and they have a better computer than I do, so we don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas that you have as to where to start looking would be super appreciated! Thank you for your help!

Attached Files: