Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Resolved [URP][2021.3.14f1] shader problem after building project

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Dnurr, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Dnurr

Dnurr

Solved by disabling bugged Render Feature in URP Asset.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some problem after building my project. It remains on the gray screen (background of Unity logo) and doesn't load any element of the scene, except for the canvas elements.
    I built my project as developement build to check where is the problem and I've seen an error thrown on the console:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: shader

(The complete log is the following:)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    3. Parameter name: shader
    4.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
    5.   at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00008] in C:\build\output\unity\unity\Runtime\Export\Shaders\Material.bindings.cs:18
    6.   at VolumetricLightScattering+LightScatteringPass..ctor (VolumetricLightScatteringSettings settings) [0x0006b] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Assets\Scenes\RW\Scripts\VolumetricLightScattering.cs:40
    7.   at VolumetricLightScattering.Create () [0x00001] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Assets\Scenes\RW\Scripts\VolumetricLightScattering.cs:129
    8.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer..ctor (UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRendererData data) [0x00185] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\ScriptableRenderer.cs:541
    9.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderer..ctor (UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRendererData data) [0x00038] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\UniversalRenderer.cs:169
    10.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRendererData.Create () [0x00016] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\UniversalRendererData.cs:116
    11.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRendererData.InternalCreateRenderer () [0x00009] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\ScriptableRendererData.cs:68
    12.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.CreateRenderers () [0x00056] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\Data\UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.cs:450
    13.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.CreatePipeline () [0x00095] in C:\GameDev\Myun\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.8\Runtime\Data\UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.cs:400
    14.   at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset.InternalCreatePipeline () [0x00004] in C:\build\output\unity\unity\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineAsset.cs:10
    15. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    16. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    17. UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    18. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    19. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline() (at C:\build\output\unity\unity\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineAsset.cs:18)
    20. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:PrepareRenderPipeline(RenderPipelineAsset) (at C:\build\output\unity\unity\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineManager.cs:129)
    21. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, IntPtr, List`1) (at C:\build\output\unity\unity\Runtime\Export\RenderPipeline\RenderPipelineManager.cs:100)
    23. (Filename: C:/build/output/unity/unity/Runtime/Export/Shaders/Material.bindings.cs Line: 18)
    (I upload only a slice of the log because the error is the same, repeated too much times)

The "big" problem, now, is that the path C:/build/output/unity/unity/Runtime/Export/Shaders/ doesn't exists, the same thing is for the file Material.bindings.cs.

I tried to remove and readd URP and update Unity Editor to the new version (.8f1 -> .14f1), but the problem persists.

In this thread I upload the screen of the game without canvas.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022