Search Unity

Bug URP 14.0.4. VR and Forward+ results in broken lighting

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by larsbertram1, Nov 29, 2022.

1. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

using "Single Pass instanced" or "Multi Pass" rendering along with MockHDM mixed lighting and Forward+ real time lights show missing lit clusters as you can see in the image below.
    the ground plane uses URP/Lit is gi static and receives ambient from a light map.
    the spot light is realtime only.
    turning of gi static does not fix it. so it looks like Forward+ and VR just do not play nicely together...

vr.PNG

using a simple scene with all lights set to real time i get the same artifacts.

vr1.PNG

2. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

URP Forward+ does not support XR yet, but we are working on it. For an upcoming version, I've disabled the lighting for XR in Forward+, and added a warning in the Universal Renderer inspector (we already warn in the console, but that gets overseen easily) to make it a bit more clear that it is not supported yet.

Kronnect likes this.
  3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

ah, thanks for the info.

4. Kevin-VFX

Kevin-VFX

Can you try in 2023.1.0a21? It seems to work properly for me now.

5. ANB_Seth

ANB_Seth

I am at Unity 2023.2.0a15 and Forward+ is still looking as buggy as shown above. Any news about when Forward+ will be fully supported for VR/XR?

6. zezba9000

zezba9000

What versions of Unity will officially support this in VR?