Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder [Urgent] Technical Problem: Face selection

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Askautmir, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Askautmir

Askautmir

Hi All, I've a technical problem with the "Face Selection" in Probuilder:
    I would like to select two opposite faces with only one command, because I need to delete them, creating a hole.

It's easy when you work with planes, but how to do the same with a Pipe (for example).

It's too complicated to have to select a face first and then look for the opposite one to create a passage.

Any solutions?
    I really need it, especially if it's simple to solve and I'm lost in nothingness.

Thanks

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! here's how I would do it:

1. Align your view to the face exactly (easy if the face is aligned to x/y/z)
    2. Swap to Iso view
    3. Enable "Select Hidden" in ProBuilder
    4. Drag-select over the face- the selection should pass through it like a laaazar and catch the one exactly opposite it :)

Askautmir likes this.
  3. Askautmir

Askautmir

Thank you a lot :D It works perfectly

gabrielw_unity likes this.