Search Unity

[URGENT] Rejected Mac app store invalid DLL

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BBRome, Oct 3, 2013.

1. BBRome

BBRome

we have about 20 games in the MAC APP-STORE but from today...
    MAC OS 10.8.5 UNITY PRO 4.2.1f4
    Player settings build : Target Platform MAC OS X / Architecture : x86
    nobody else had this problem?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "TukTuk Race". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Unsupported Architecture - Application executables may support either or both of the Intel architectures:

i386 (32-bit)
    x86_64 (64-bit)
    Other architectures may not be included in submitted binaries. Confirm that your Xcode project's build settings include those architectures and no others.

Specifically, we found the following unsupported architectures in your binary:

Windows DLL (in TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Mono.Posix.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Photon3Unity3D.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Configuration.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Core.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Security.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll, TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/mscorlib.dll)

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

2. Tim Toxopeus

Tim Toxopeus

I have the same error and am very interested in the solution.

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hmm. Those are library assemblies and not Windows DLLs. I'd be inclined to simply resubmit. If the app is still rejected, appeal and explain that the app uses assembles but no Windows native code.

4. BBRome

BBRome

resubmitted 4 times...

5. Tim Toxopeus

Tim Toxopeus

I think it is an automated response from a build checking system on their side. It flags the assemblies as Windows DLLs, possibly simply because of the file extension being .dll. I guess there's little choice but to appeal to Apple?

6. BBRome

BBRome

I also think that something changed from October 1, but the app is immediately rejected

7. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

8. BBRome

BBRome

Already done this works on Frameworks(es. libmono.0.dylib) and the result was ok, does not works with DLL

Norberto-Bizzarris-iMac:pacchettoInvio norbertomito$ lipo -info "TukTukRace.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib"
    Architectures in the fat file: TukTukRace.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib are: i386 x86_64

Norberto-Bizzarris-iMac:pacchettoInvio norbertomito$ lipo -info "TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Photon3Unity3D.dll"
    lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: TukTukRace.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Photon3Unity3D.dll

9. kyle-grymonprez

kyle-grymonprez

We are also getting the same issue from Apple App Store on our Mac submission. Please Advise.

10. BBRome

BBRome

Nothing new?

11. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Not that I've seen but sounds like others are having similar issues. My guess is that Apple updated something after rolling out iOS 7. Have you tried contacting Apple support to see what they have to say about it?

12. greenrhyno

greenrhyno

I am having the same exact problem. It's very frustrating.

13. greenrhyno

greenrhyno

Just submitted a question about it to Apple, will post their response as soon as I get it.

14. feloque

feloque

I contacted Apple and they said to just upload again.

Now it is working.

15. BBRome

BBRome

confirmed it works

16. greenrhyno

greenrhyno

Yep, got the same response. Works fine now.

17. Tremetor

Tremetor

i had the same problem with Mono but only on the .exe files:

"We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Unsupported Architecture - Application executables may support either or both of the Intel architectures:

i386 (32-bit)
    x86_64 (64-bit)
    Other architectures may not be included in submitted binaries. Confirm that your Xcode project's build settings include those architectures and no others.
    Specifically, we found the following unsupported architectures in your binary:

Windows EXE (in your.app/Contents/Frameworks/Mono.framework/UnityDomainLoad.exe)"

The trick is to delete the suffix ".exe" only. Apple only filters files with the ".exe" extension. Unfortunately you can't simply delete the exe file as it is registerd anywhere in the unity code and the game will not launch. by renaming the automatic filter cannot sort out the file and it works. just for all the poor guys with a similar problem with a unity game. my version is 2.1 and i had other problems bringing our game into the store too but this was really nasty:)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  18. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

@Tremetor - can you walk me through the process you used to get UnityDomainLoad.exe into your built application? The frameworks folder is meant to have a sub-folder called MonoEmbedRuntime. You seem to have gotten a different sub-folder. What Unity version are you using?

19. Tremetor

Tremetor

its the 2.1 version as we can not update to a newer Version - the game is made with 2.0 originally and its in the MAC APP store but had problems with 10.8 to 10.8.4 but itworks with bugs on 10.8.5. after the last major MAC OSX update to 10.8.5.! - so we had to update the game to provide a good gaming experience and ran into the .exe problem...
    We used the normal build command from the menu in Unity as usual ... and if you try to remove the exe from the app bundle, the game does not load and it crashed immediately.
    We still got problems with it as apple changed a lot of things and exe files are still a problem.
    if there is another solution for our problem: many thanks in advance

20. Tremetor

Tremetor

Attached Files:

21. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Ah okay, you're using a legacy version of Unity, which was released a long time before the Mac App Store existed. That's why you're getting an exe in the build.

22. Tremetor

Tremetor

"legacy version", that sound not too good as we invested a lot of time and money in our game:-(
    but seriously, if you have an idea what do to... you would make us really happy!!!

23. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I'm afraid I have no experience with Unity versions prior to 2.5 - and the version you use was from 2009, sorry. All I can think of suggesting is that you strip the .exe from the filename, and then have a launcher that symlinks UnityDomainLoad.exe to UnityDomainLoad.

24. Tremetor

Tremetor

yes, stripping works fine. but apple still recognizes this as ".exe" - we are now in discussion with apple what to do as our previous version is in the store with that little exe file. our main problem, the conversion of the project from unity 2.1 to unity 2.5 is not possible after detecting too many problems (shaders etc) so i think for this game its the last time we will try to load it into the app store...