Search Unity

Bug URGENT: Mixamo animations are broken

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Padrox_, May 23, 2023.

1. Padrox_

Padrox_

Hey everyone,

I'm posting this thread because I'm stuck since two days with some animations issues. I'm currently participating to a game jam, so if there are existing threads which solve similar issues to mine, I'm sorry.
    So, I've modeled 3 low poly characters and rigged them following Imphezia latest tutorial.

I tried to export them with the same settings than his as FBX. They totally works on Mixamo, clues attached to the thread.

upload_2023-5-23_21-11-7.png

I then download some animations with FBX for Unity format without the skin. Try to add the Animator onto the Player's graphics. The configuration is as followed:

Animator:
    upload_2023-5-23_21-3-37.png

Character Import Settings:
    upload_2023-5-23_21-11-32.png

Animation Import Settings:
    upload_2023-5-23_21-9-44.png
    NB: I have a warning attached to the Rig tab but I'm not sure it is relevant and not sure how to solve it.

To conclude, this is the buggy result:
    upload_2023-5-23_21-12-54.png

I really wish somebody can help me getting through this issue because the time is counting down and I'm still stuck. Thank you really much in advance.

2. bobadi

bobadi

if you downloaded without the skin, you should create avatar definition from mixamo's xbot or ybot, I think.

try downloading with skin

3. Padrox_

Padrox_

Hi, thanks for your reply, I've tried creating the Avatar from the Animation and use the same avatar in the Character import settings but this is the result.
    upload_2023-5-23_22-53-16.png

I'll try downloading the animation WITH the skin and come back. Any other idea ?

4. Padrox_

Padrox_

Okay so I downloaded the skin with the animation and I actually have something closer from the real animation but it still look really akward ngl. upload_2023-5-23_23-32-5.png

5. Padrox_

Padrox_

New update, I've tried to tweaks some settings and actual it improved.
    upload_2023-5-24_1-25-36.png
    The blue sphere gizmo is bumping from right to left but it's very glitchy. The feet barely touch the ground and the animation isn't fluid. Any idea ?