Search Unity

URGENT: Memory Leak in iOS

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by malliapi, Oct 6, 2015.

1. malliapi

malliapi

Hi All,

I have a simple Unity project which i am attaching to demonstrate a memory leak which I'm seeing. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong here but my understanding is that unity destroys all scene objects when switching to a different scene?

The project consists of two identical scenes (one button and some panels), the only difference is that the button in scene 1 goes to scene 2 and the button in scene 2 goes to scene 1.

Both in the profiler and Xcode, i can see the memory increasing. This is very urgent and any help resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. malliapi

malliapi

3. malliapi

malliapi

After reading some other threads about issues in the latest build (5.2) i downgraded to 5.1 and that seems to have done the trick.

MrEsquire likes this.
  4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks for letting us know, i wait for 5.1.4 final, still worried 5.2 has these kind of issues.
    Thing is are you using 5.2 final or 5.2.1latestpatch as lot things been fixed in patches

5. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Was a bug filed? Also Tim is busy doing other work so getting my attention might be more useful. :)

6. malliapi

malliapi

@phil-Unity No problem I didn't know :). Yes it has been filed already right after this post. Hope it helps.

@MrEsquire yes i was using 5.2.1.