Search Unity

[URGENT] legacy animation events won't create on another machine

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Daylightsburning, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Daylightsburning

Daylightsburning

Hi everyone,

Here is the problem : i created an asset import script to add events (AnimationUtility.SetAnimationEvents) to fbx models, this works fine on my own machine - just re-import the model and all the events are added perfectly. but those events disappear on co-worker's machine when they happily update those models via svn - unless they re-import the model too. i checked the .meta files and found that the 'events' segments are always empty no matter how many times i re-import the fbx, and confirmed the events are added successfully, so i guess the events info. are not stored in the .meta file (animation clip info. are stored in .meta) but somewhere in the Library folder. if this is true how is it possible for my coworkers to update their models with events added? its really bad idea to manually re-import those models again because people forgets!

Are there other ways to make it work as expected? or am i using AnimationUtility.SetAnimationEvents incorrectly?

By the way, is it really so hard to add an query interface to check how many animation events are added to the current clip, i just don't get it!

Thank you.