Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT HELP player won't walk/move but animations plays when key is triggered

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MikeZee, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MikeZee

MikeZee

So as the title says "player won't walk/move but animations plays when key is triggered". When I press A and D keys, they work/trigger the animation but they do not make the player move/walk. It seems the player is stuck in one position although the animations move....I'm not sure what the problem is as I have checked the animation and the scripts along with components. Is there anyone who could help me out? I am happy to send them/you a copy of my project/game just for fixing?? Also, I have tried many solutions to make the character jump with animation when pressing W but it won't work...I tried to add a groundcheck and it still does not work..

2. MikeZee

MikeZee

No response....

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Are the animations root motion?
    How were the animations created?
    Have you reviewed learning material similar to your movement scheme?
    Do the animations play and move the character without the 'input' script?

Many questions to ask yourself during troubleshooting.

4. MikeZee

MikeZee

Hi there, am I able to privately send you my project file for you to have a look at?

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I can only solve if the issue is animation. I am not a programmer so I don't attempt to solve code problems.

Remove the input method and test the animations to see if they work as desired. If they do - the issue is in the input method. If they don't the issue is either in the set up or animation.

Trouble shoot by removing one element at a time until you solve. The last element you remove before the animation starts working correct is the problem area.