Search Unity

[Urgent Help Needed] MonoDevelop stopped Working?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CelticKnight, Apr 11, 2017.

1. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

Hello Guys,

Last night I found a tutorial on YouTube for using real world terrain in Unity 5, so, I fired up Unity 5 to see what would happen if I used the terrain from my hometown, more for the lolz than anything else.

So, I got to the part where I had to download a Javascript file from wiki.unity3d.com - ie, create new Javascript file, clicked on the file to open it in MonoDevelop as per usual, and I was presented with a screen where I had the privilege of downloading a 30 day trial version of Microsoft Visual Studio - ummm, no thanks.

So, I did some searching on how to change it back to MonoDevelop and after doing so was presented with an error, thusly:

Fatal Error

MonoDevelop - Unity Falied to start some of the assemblies required to run Monodevelop - Unity (for example GTK#) may not be properly installed on the GAK.

Please click OK to open the download page, where you can download .....

I have no idea what GAK meant so I looked up GAK: GAK, Gak, or gak may refer to: slang term for methamphetamine, cocaine.

So, I went And downloaded the two files recommended for getting MonoDevelop properly installed on the methamphetamine:
    And after installing both products I am still getting the same result. So would someone please point out what I need to do to get MonoDevelop up and running again? I have no idea as to what to do next. I am doing a course on Unity and NEED MonoDevelop running for Unity 5.5.1f1 - on the methamphetamine. MonoDevelop is fine on the Unity 4.7 installation that I have on the computer it just stopped working on Unity5 last night.

Thanking you in advance!

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

EDIT: I deleted Unity 5.5.1 and then re-installed it and it's still not working o_O.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do next?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

Addendum:

I also tried uninstalling all the GTK+, Xamarim Studio, and whatever Microsoft Visual Studio components that were floating around on my computer except the NET 4.6 Framework. And then reinstalling Unity 5.5.1f1 and still cannot get MonoDevelop Working.

Now, I am starting to get worried :(

What should I do?!?

4. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Personally, Monodevelop has been nothing but problems for me. I'd recommend getting Visual Studio 2017 as it has never failed me. It's not a fix for Monodevelop, but I'm sure you'll like Visual Studio more since you'll actually be able to write code in it.