Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent - Game failed verification

Discussion in 'Samsung Smart TV' started by Canan9, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Canan9

Canan9

Hi,

I use the Samsung JU7500 as television, so an 2015 edition.
    I use last beta : "5.3.0 Release Candidate 2" (November 23, 2015)
    Link : https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/unity5.3.0f2
    And the "Samsung TV Target Support" corresponding of it.
    Link : http://beta.unity3d.com/download/ce...tup-Samsung-TV-Support-for-Editor-5.3.0f2.exe

I find and install "Unity Launcher" from online store and open it on the television.
    I do a "switch platform" to "SamsungTV" to be able to set the ip of the tv (192.168.1.xx) in the "Player Preference" in Unity, and finally do a "build and run".
    Even with an empty project and just the default empty scene, I have this error.

I have this error when I read "Get Prev Full Log" on "192.168.1.xx:8899" :
    "[UnityLauncher] Unity Launcher version 1.5.77 (fdca4e407c05) (STANDARD_15)
    [UnityLauncher] Error: pubkey import failed![UnityLauncher] ERROR: Launching game failed: Game failed verification.
    [UnityLauncher] Telnet connection accepted[39]
    [UnityLauncher] Telnet connection accepted[50]
    [UnityLauncher] Error: pubkey import failed![UnityLauncher] ERROR: Launching game failed: Game failed verification."
    And this one when I read "Log" of the game :
    "UnityLauncher] Error: unitygame.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
    [UnityLauncher] UnityClient not initialized properly! (m_Handle == NULL)
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: Launching game failed, cleaning up.."
    And I have a message on the top of the television :
    "Smart Security: A malicious process has been blocked. [Process : /opt/down/common/3201501000975/unitygame.so]"

I found nothing on internet and on this forum, so can you help me ?

Very cordially.

PS : I already did a full uninstall, then a full install, and try again without any changement.
    PS 2 : Also, as I have no idea to do now, I already try with Tizen. So I downloaded the SDK and the IDE, set the profile path and create a certificat to be able to sign, but even if everything work (so I can sign and build) I can not upload because Unity doesn't find device (my television) and I i select manually the file it upload and do nothing (like no upload), so I guess I start right with "Samsung TV" build and no "Tizen" build.

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Yes there was a Security issue with the 2015 binary for a week or so. We have resolved the problem with Samsung and the next 5.3 release should be fine.

3. Canan9

Canan9

Perfect, it reassures me. I was afraid to have forgotten a setting or stage. So I just wait with impatience the next update.

4. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Was this resolved.. i just tried with 5.3.1p3 and got this:

[UnityLauncher] Unity Launcher version 1.5.77 (fdca4e407c05) (STANDARD_15)
    [UnityLauncher] Incoming archive...
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: archive_read_extract[-20]: Write failed
    [UnityLauncher] Stop Upload...
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: Failed either compatbility check or game name search!
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: invalid game or config.xml not found!
    [UnityLauncher] Archive Extract Done.
    sh: line 1: 19806 Aborted "/tmp/gplayer/16141/gpg" --openpgp --lock-never --no-permission-warning --homedir "/opt/storage/usb/sda1/" --import "/opt/usr/apps/3201501000975_img/res/wgt/pubkey.gpg" 2>&1
    [UnityLauncher] Error: pubkey import failed![UnityLauncher] ERROR: Launching game failed: Game failed verification.
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: archive_read_extract[-20]: Can't create 'tmp/app_icon.png'
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: archive_read_extract[-20]: Can't create 'tmp/app_icon.png'

5. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Is your USB drive full? It looks like it says write failed during the upload process.

6. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

It was empty and had been freshly formatted to FAT32. With further experimentation I was able to get the app onto the TV after posting this but it seems to crash as soon as it loads. The unity loading screen loads and then disappears.

There was nothing much in the scene so I am sure I have some project settings wrong.

[UnityLauncher] Unity Launcher version 1.5.77 (fdca4e407c05) (STANDARD_15)
    [UnityLauncher] Game Sammy installed as 7fd9515ecb5993294693f9214c935098593aeab9
    [UnityLauncher] ERROR: Launching game failed: Game failed verification.
    [UnityLauncher] Game Sammy installed as 7fd9515ecb5993294693f9214c935098593aeab9

Scene1.jpg

7. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Oh I've seen that problem before. Are you still on 5.3.1p3? There may have been a regression introduced into that particular patch release. I just tried the latest 5.3 patch (coming out soon) and it was fine. I will check 5.3.1p3 today to see if I can reproduce that issue and get back to you.

8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hrm... I just tried that release and I wasn't able to reproduce your issue with either a development build or a non development build. Could you submit a bug report and attach your project and put the bug # here? It may be something specific to your project that I need to fix.

9. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Thanks Alex. Will do so.

10. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Were you able to get a bug report number?