Search Unity

uRecord - Record gameplay in full HD and beyond! [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 2, 2013.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hiya,

please remove the old version of uRecord before updating :)

- Terry

2. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This one was totally my fault. I've added a new version selector to our website, using this, you can ensure to download the correct trial. I think this problem was due to a compatibility difference with 5.3 :)

- Terry

3. getdat

getdat

Hello,
    The binary is the same from the website, and the update still causes the same issue. Am I supposed to do anything different? I am on the latest version of Unity.

4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey! Did you download the version specifically for Unity 5.3 ? :)

- Terry

5. getdat

getdat

I did yes. This is what I see after the update and a Unity restart. See attached.

Attached Files:

6. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

7. hyperrodik

hyperrodik

here I am again. I've got updated URecord, unity 5.3.1, but still have black video in output, please any glue how to fix it? many thanks

8. hyperrodik

hyperrodik

hi there,
    black PNGs are sorted now. that was my bad. Simply found my AA on in quality settings by default. turning that off makes work everything just perfect. many thanks

9. getdat

getdat

The new version works much better, thanks.

I don't know if this is normal, but I am getting an output.mov pretty quickly, but Unity says it's still working on the video. I am guessing it's doing another pass, but ffmpeg.exe and Unity are pretty much idling at that point, process wise, so I can't exactly tell what's going on. The output.mov sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Rather than just waiting for the output to finish (if it's even still working), I just rendered them down to movie files with my own ffmpeg command. Here it is in case it helps someone:

The quality, size and framerate are easily tweaked.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  10. getdat

getdat

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  11. DataError

DataError

same issue here with black screens. If I turn off anti-aliasing, it works, anti-aliasing breaks the system. Is it possible to get a fix for this?

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys...

Apologies, but I can't seem to report this on my local machine, it's kinda a big ask.... But, could someone send me a unity project that shows the error?

- Terry

13. DataError

DataError

Wish i could, but the project is pushing 60GB.

It's running with Deferred lighting in linear color space on latest unity and urecord versions

14. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

does it also support .gif output?

15. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Not currently, but it could be a really cool feature, so I'll add it in a future version!

- Terry

Der_Kevin likes this.
  16. Talsidor

Talsidor

Hi ArtOfSettling,

We just set up URecord and when finishing a recording we never get a video output. I've made sure both "Create video?" and "Cleanup recorded images" are ticked, but the image files stick around in the folder and a video output file doesn't appear. The "Creating video" message shows up, but only for a fraction of a second before disappearing.

Using Unity 5.3.2.p3 on Windows 8.1.

Can I also confirm, because URecord seems to be just capturing a series of images, it doesn't record any sound?

Thanks

17. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

I've been trying the trial version but it seems like no matter what i do i get a black screen render. I've tried with and without any image effects, i've tried upscaling and direct resolution, background running enabled and such but nothing :( I am on a deferred linear setup hdr camera on 5.3.2f1 win 10 if that can help.

18. hyperrodik

hyperrodik

Hi there
    A quick one please. basically I've got my multidisplay 1 bugged with ridiculous stats, can't fix it, but all works fine in multidisplay 2, here is a question is any chances to create capture from multidispay 2, as for now urecord want to take capture from multidisplay 1 only? thank you

19. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

urecord doesent work on my machine (mac unity 5.3.1f1)
    i get this error message:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Users/xxx/yyy/Assets/WellFired/urecord/Bin/ffmpeg/osx/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f image2 -r 30 -i %08dImage.png -c:v libx264 -r 30 -b 30M -pix_fmt yuv420p out.mp4 -loglevel debug', CurrentDirectory='/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/DefaultCompany/yyy'
    2. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    3. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    4. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    5. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    6. WellFired.uRecordWindow.CreateVideo ()
    7. WellFired.uRecordWindow.EnterState (States state)
    8. WellFired.uRecordWindow.DoStateSpecificGUI ()
    9. WellFired.uRecordWindow.OnGUI ()
    10. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    and then a thousand times:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: Process has not been started.
    2. System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited ()
    3. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:get_HasExited ()
    4. WellFired.uRecordWindow.Update ()
    5. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:217)
    my urecord settings: 30FPS and Mp4
    edit: also the defauls 60fps mov doesent work. the whole urecord window is also frozen after capturing

20. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

Hello,
    it's me
    I was wondering if after all these days
    You'd like to answer,
    to go over
    Everything...

21. jeffweber

jeffweber

My video is coming out backward and updside down... any ideas???

22. jeffweber

jeffweber

Bump on this... anybody know anything about this???

23. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

sadly no. this asset is a joke. full of bugs and no support.
    sadly the author has to agree on refunds - otherwise i want my 40$ back...

24. Mons1999

Mons1999

Same problem than Der_Kevin

25. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

Hi everyone.

For one of my final units at college, I have been working on a render scene for about 6 months, and the deadline is tomorrow.
    I had been planning since last October to use uRecord to convert this 50-second clip into a video, but now after doing it tonight several times, it finishes, pauses the editor but never finishes encoding, the progress bar that used to appear no longer does and I am starting to get worried.

Does anyone know any way of getting this working, or any alternatives that mean I haven't failed an entire course?

26. jeffweber

jeffweber

Yeah, it's a shame uRecord has no support anymore..

I've been trying out https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2670 Works well and they do have a free version so you can try before you buy. (Look for the link in the description)

-Jeff

27. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

28. jeffweber

jeffweber

How's it working for you? Can you make very high quality vids?

29. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

HI,

Does this record sound?

Can u record save separate layer for audio?

Dev

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  30. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

it renders what you have in the editor window. so when you turn the editor window to full hd, it records on full hd.

31. JBT27

JBT27

Has development and support on this stopped? I hope not. Purchased very recently and intend to use for output for clients, but not if support and dev has been dropped. Sigh - not another one ...

In fairness, it's a great and essential idea, and it does produce very high quality output. Though it can be flaky. This morning, it output files that wouldn't play, or open in After Effects. Then inexplicably it output frames on the next run.

With some work, this is worth every penny and could qualify as standard kit.

32. jeffweber

jeffweber

Yes, it seems the developer is no longer supporting... My stuff renders upside down and backward... not help from dev. Really is a shame because it's a nice asset... if it had support.

33. JBT27

JBT27

Thanks. That's a shame. Well, I guess the dev has good reasons. That could have been a nice tight asset too. That said, I looked around and found Helios ... a little over just half the price of uRecord, but works great and is clearly in active development. Just sorry I blew some cash on uRecord, but there you go.

JohnRossitter likes this.
  34. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Sorry about the late reply to all you guys! I'm currently working on writing source code versions of all my tools, so that they're no longer built in DLLS. uRecord is still in active development, but changing over from the DLL to the Source version has taken longer than expected!

The UI framework we'll use for all tools (uSequencer, uRecord and HipFilters) will be open source and will be available here : https://github.com/ArtOfSettling/guacamole/tree/develop

It's currently in pre-alpha state, so be warned that it might not work perfectly, if you guys want to use it for anything.

Since I'm making such big changes to uRecord, I'd also like to hear any feature requests you guys have, so feel free to leave them here! Sorry about the delay! Hopefully you can bear with me a little bit longer!

- Terry

35. JBT27

JBT27

Good to see development continues!

36. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

37. jeffweber

jeffweber

Agree, good to see you are back. I had to quit using uRecord because it was rendering evertything updsidedown and backward.... see my posts above.

-Jeff

38. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

save alpha channel
    specify width/height pixels (not just a factor of the preview)

39. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

+1

40. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input. I have noted down your requests, if you notice you are having problems in the future or want some support please feel free to contact me on cath@wellfired.com

Regards Cath

41. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hey Jeffweber,

I am really sorry that you have experienced problems with support, I have noted the problems you have been having and hope they can be rendered. If you are still having problems using our product then feel free to contact me on cath@wellfired.com

Regards Cath

42. robymv

robymv

Hi boys, i have this error "Failed to store screen shot", i try to change dir and reinstall Urecord but not change, you have a solution?
    Thank you

43. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hi robymv,
    so sorry you are having this issue, If you would like to email me with detailed description of the problem, I will get back to you with a solution asap,
    Regards, Cath.

44. mk1978

mk1978

Hello, Are you still able to get the red outline when modifying the view/editor resolution?

I am trying use Urecord and I have modified the Edit/Project Setting/Player/Resolution and Presentation and Game view resolution to be the same. When I use Urecord I don't see the red outline in editor view and the video output doesn't match the game animation. I can play and see the animation just ok but when recording with Urecord the animation view is not the same. I am using Unity 5.3.4f1

45. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hi mk1978,
    We have an update that may fix your problem, if you would like to email me your receipt details We can forward the upgrade to you,
    Regards Cath.

46. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hi, thanks for getting in touch, Im so glad you got sorted, any more problems, please email Me cath@wellfired.com Regards, Cath

47. dhanrajsinh24

dhanrajsinh24

Hi, I want to know how many platforms does it support. By the way I want to use it for Android and iOS mobiles.

48. CathWellFired

CathWellFired

Hi dhanrajsinh24,
    It only works in the Unity Editor, I hope that helps, any further problems, feel free to email me cath@wellfired.com,
    Regards Cath.

49. Znalost

Znalost

Hi,

Getting the same issue as Der_Kevin with my mac Unity 5.6.1f1.

Is there any update on fixing this? The free trial worked well and after purchasing the full version from the Unity App Store this is what I get.

50. guigui17f

guigui17f

Get the same error "Failed to store screen shot ( [ THE ROOT OF MY PROJECT ] )", after I stoped the Editor Player using the Unity Editor's default stop button instead of the "Finish Capture" button on uRecord window. I have changed the output directory, reinstalled the plugin, cleaned the "Library" directory of my project, rebooted my computer, I even deleted all keys including "uRecord" or "WellFired" in the Registry of my computer. But this error still happens in every frame while I trying to record a video.
    My OS is Windows 10 64-bit, my Unity version is 5.6.2f1 64-bit. Before this error happens, I have captured videos successfully with the same environments.
    Can you help me?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017