Search Unity

Urban Architect is Now Submitted to The Unity Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by theonerm2_unity, Jul 29, 2022.

1. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Urban Architect Tutorial!

Video 1

The Preview video.

Thank you so much for looking.

Another video is in my latest post below.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  2. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Hello. Anyone who is interested in my asset Urban Mixer or that has bought it. I have good news! It's going to be getting a new update very soon and a new name. Urban Architect. It will no longer require Gena Pro to do its magic and no more long smoothing process. It also will work a bit differently. In the next few days I am going to show a video that showcases some new features and how to use this asset. There will also be many more default buildings to use and sidewalk props as well as signs. Make your City a reality soon with Urban Architect.

Today I'm proud to announce that there will be themes in Urban Architect. The 3 themes included in this new update will be Modern, Apocalyptic, and Medieval. I truly hope there is something for everyone in this update and that you'll all buy it. I will soon have video and images of those themes.

But that's not all. Many of you have told me about my horrible documentation. That's going to get a huge update but not only that I understand that most people don't even read the documentation. This update is designed with that in mind. It's going to be much more user friendly and although the documentation will be much more readable you might not even need to use it anymore. Now there's a simple page under Window->Urban Architect that will set it all up for you. Custom buildings are easy now. Just add your buildings to the scene and click a button. Presto! All your buildings are ready now to work in Urban Architect. My code smartly tries to set the offset Y rotation of the building as well and the position correctly. So no need to worry about positioning and setting the Yrotation offset most of the time. In fact if you want you can take prefabs from a scene such as Suburban Neighborhood House pack and just highlight those houses. Then click the button to setup those prefabs for Urban Architect. No need to move them all the Vector3.Zero like before. No need to manually set their rotation. It just works.

I said before... No more long wait times for the smoothing process. In the older versions a long smoothing process takes place after the modifications to the terrain have taken place in order to ensure there are no abrupt height changes. Now it's a simple and quick blending process. Now you'll have more control over the size and shape of the city as well. Before you could make 1 city of any size you wanted. Now you can make as many cities as you want and join them together to make different sizes and shapes. Also if you don't want a mountain removed by the asset you can set a max height for the city and those heights will be preserved keeping those beautiful mountains in place.

Some features will include:
    custom buildings
    Themes
    Signs
    Props
    Lots of Default Buildings to get you started
    Works on uneven Terrain like CiDy does
    supports multiple terrain tiles
    No longer requires the expensive GeNa Pro asset
    A quick Blending process rather than a long smoothing process
    A workflow that is nondestructive to the terrain heights
    Very user friendly compared to the old version
    Auto building setup
    5 zones for your buildings so your city can stand out.
    That includes: Downtown, Commercial, Residential, Suburban, and Rural areas.
    Auto Road and building placement on a terrain.

Keep in mind it needs to be a terrain without trees or vegetation as well as other props. Your workflow needs to be to use your favorite terrain generator to make the terrain only... No vegetation or gameobjects yet. Then after you place your City you can finish decorating the terrain. Keep in mind you need to setup a layer for the road and buildings so Gaia... Or whatever you use knows where those objects are. And set it up in your terrain generator as well. I'll have a video Guide for using Gaia with this.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  3. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Also a new price. $49.99. Hurry up and buy Urban Mixer today for a 40% discounted price on the update. The update is free for current users.

4. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Urban Architect has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store!

Remember the new price is $50.

5. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

6. Andy3D

Andy3D

Invalid discord link. Got a new one? I'd like to get some support.
    Thanks

7. Andy3D

Andy3D

Guess this asset is dead?

8. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Sorry. I haven't worked on it for months now and the sales are pretty poor. I have little incentive to even check on this much. But I did happen to see this just now. What exactly is the problem?