Search Unity

Urban Construction Pack - Released!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QuantumTheory, Apr 15, 2013.

1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

2. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Now available for 95$ (was 150$) in the asset store!

3. TomEnokR

TomEnokR

So I just purchased this asset, and I'm quite impressed. There's a lot of great thinking that went into this pack. Are you able to transition UP to an elevated road with this pack? In other words, can I create a road that is on ground level, and have it 'ramp up' to the bridge? I'm not seeing any assets or examples for that. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a bridge in your level that the player cannot access, unless it is purely for aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for your response.

4. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

There is a large ramp, and also a single-lane off-ramp located in the Bridges folder. The large ramp is also used in the demo scene.

Thanks for your support!

5. TomEnokR

TomEnokR

Yeah. I actually found it right after I posted this review. Thanks. I've been able to build an entire city block in less than an hour. Really nice set of tools. The vertex snap and transform tools make it simple and quick to use.

I sent you an email regarding a 'wish list', but I'll just post it here for others to chime in.

Would love to see:

1. Small, specialized buildings like gas stations, convenience stores, single family dwellings, etc.

2. Additional 'texture packs' to increase the variety of the building types.

3. Winding ramps (to build parking-garage type multi-tiered roads)

I would certainly buy these in a separate pack.

6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

What is in the latest update, the 1.5a?
    Anything specific?

7. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Today's update is just to drop the price for the sale. No package content has changed.

8. gecko

gecko

Just got this. Very impressive. The worn sidewalk textures are great, but are you still planning to add a damaged version of the architecture atlas (mentioned on the first page of this thread)?

9. Rico21745

Rico21745

+1 for damaged atlas. It would help me heaps! Currently I like the package but it clashes a bit too much with my look and feel, too clean.

10. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to create LOD versions of some buildings from this pack, using Cruncher....which has always worked great on past projects, but on these models, it only makes a very small reduction in polygons (5%). Any idea why that might be? And do you plan to add LOD versions to the pack? It would be a huge help.

thanks
    Dave

11. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The reduction is small because they're already pretty optimized as-is. I don't think LOD versions would help much unless you're targeting the very very low-end of mobile hardware. The mobile demo scene runs around 20-25fps on a generation 1 ipad.

12. gecko

gecko

Yeah, I need LODs for distant views, without window details etc. -- most buildings could certainly have 50-100 tri versions I'll try to hack something together.

Any plans for a damaged version of the building textures?

13. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Hmmm.. All that you would need are the first floor low poly versions as there are upper floor variants that are planar already.

And yes, a damaged set of textures is planned. It got reprioritized with the success of PolyWorld though.

14. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

15. hopeful

hopeful

Just curious if damaged textures are still on the list of things to do ...? :)

16. likesme08

likesme08

hello QT im using your unity asset package, and i having a trouble in how to work with the traffic light, can please help me with my game ....

17. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Sure. Email support@qt-ent.com with your invoice number to verify purchase.

18. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

There is a custom shader in this package giving strange results on Unity 5.5

The shadows and brightness is way off
    upload_2017-1-4_2-54-1.png

You can clearly see the difference when it switches to standard shader and it looks like it should
    upload_2017-1-4_2-55-7.png

Also there is some warnings in the console

19. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

5.5 seems to have broke some things. I'll have a fix tomorrow!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

TeagansDad likes this.
  20. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

21. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I'm now on 5.5p3 same thing.

22. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Its a combination of Unity 5.5, the road shader and mixed mode directional light

Here with mixed mode, the little road piece in foreground is correct with standard shader. The large road piece with custom shader is wrong
    upload_2017-1-4_16-3-38.png

Here with mixed mode disabled (No solution for us since we need mixed mode for shadows on players and dynamic items)
    upload_2017-1-4_16-5-18.png

23. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I got a new shader from Author, great support!

24. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

For those reading, I made a new shader that fixes the problem. @AndersMalmgren verified it worked, so I'll update the pack in the store shortly.

25. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hey everyone, can someone tell me why the lightmaps turn out like this for the stairs?

upload_2017-1-6_17-15-33.png

26. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

That's using the standard shader, so I'm not sure what would cause it other than Unity issues. Just a side note though: you're using a patch build (5.5.0p3)which should never be used unless it has vital fixes that are necessary for your project.

27. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

It has, there are oclussion portal issues in the standard build, so anyone using portals (Which game does not?) need to run p2 or p3

edit: Yeah, I know its the standard shader, just wondered if anyone knew what it could be

28. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hey, we cant have the stairs like that anymore so I looked at this again. Its a problem with your UV2 i think. This is with your UV2

upload_2017-4-26_18-54-45.png

This is with generated UV, not perfect but a lot better

upload_2017-4-26_18-55-22.png

29. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

What is your question?

30. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

You need to look at your lightmap UVs etc, something is clearly wrong. I can send you a project that reproduce if you want

31. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Ok. I'll reexport the fbx files and update the pack. It should go live by the weekend. Ill post here when it's ready

32. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Cool, hope you can nail whats going on with that lightmap UV. Thanks

33. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Those uv2's were indeed messed up. I verified the fix and just submitted to the store. It should be live in an hour or so.

hopeful and AndersMalmgren like this.
  34. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hi, been busy with other aspects of the game but updated the package yesterday and it works the UVs now looks good, the stairs do not tile 100% but its another story. Thanks for the update!

35. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hey. We are working on a custom internal version of one your building. A business opportunity for you could be create a new package with internal versions of your buildings. :D

36. hopeful

hopeful

I was just revisiting this pack to see if I could get it working within Dungeon Architect, and right away I noticed that some of the signage is blurry. Apparently these are packed into a single 1024 texture. I don't remember blurriness on textures being an issue before, so I doubt it is a limitation of the original art. I'm wondering if maybe these could be re-packaged with a 4096 or 2048 texture, or if maybe there is some other solution? Naturally, we all like HQ textures that we can scale down ourselves as needed. ;)

The speed limit sign, for instance, is very blurry.

37. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

@QuantumTheory Hi.

There is a problem with package in 2017.2f3
    This piece is imessive all of the sudden

38. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

39. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I'll take a look at this wednesday. Thanks!

40. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Just to be clear, this is baked lighting in Shadowmask mode. Realtiem GI disabled

41. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Ah ok I see what's happening. If you turn on the display mode to look at the light map UVs, you'll see that mesh and the bridge above it have super low res lightmap UVs. Go into the inspector of that gameobject in the scene. The "Scale in Lightmap" has been overridden to 0.01 which must've been an accident on my part. Set it back to 1 and things will light correctly again. I tested it and it works!

42. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I have actually scaled down ligtmaps myself to 0.1 at some places that do not need highres maps, but 0.01 seems abit low :D Will look tonight, thanks. Strange it worked in Unity 5.5

43. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Remember, that's only 1% of the resolution set in the lighting window. Basically, a pixel in the lightmap would probably be as big as a city block.. ;)

Instead of doing that in the mesh renderer, create your own lightmap parameters file and reference that in the mesh instead.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  44. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

No I have used 0.1 thats 10% I only use it at places were the object is completely in light or completely in dark and in a distance so player cant see it up close. But you have used 0.01 you say? Will look at it when I get home

45. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Ok, changing to 0.1 from 0.01 did it! Thanks!

upload_2017-11-3_21-51-19.png

QuantumTheory likes this.
  46. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hi, upgrading to 2018.1 gives shader errors

Shader error in 'QuantumTheory/UCP-TrafficLight': syntax error: unexpected token ';' at line 275 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

47. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

48. hopeful

hopeful

I don't want to speak for @QuantumTheory, but in another thread of his he mentioned moving on to other work in the industry. You might want to hit him up on his support email.

49. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Allright will test the support mail, thanks

50. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Sorry for the late forum response. Yes, the issue has been resolved and the pack has been tested and updated to 2018

hopeful and AndersMalmgren like this.