Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Urban Construction Pack - Released!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QuantumTheory, Apr 15, 2013.

1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Version 1.3 is now live in the store. Grab it and get the update!

2. Mihai93

Mihai93

Then I drag an object in the scene that you created position it, and I make them I select "Bake Selected" i whait to finish and illuminates the only problem that me and since I have a building in front of the object and then should be for half and half with the shadow I have no maybe I have to redo scenes bake?

3. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

If you're adding a new object to the scene, make sure "static" is turned on. Then, turn on "lock atlas" in the lightmapping tab. Then, select the new object and click on "bake selected."

4. Mihai93

Mihai93

What is the problem i do all you telled me and i use your settings and your lights i do not know what i wrong

Attached Files:

5. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Start a new scene with all new objects complete the steps necessary to render static lighting. I'm not sure what the problem is. If you've read the Unity Lightmapping Quickstart and followed it closely everything should work just fine.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  6. Mihai93

Mihai93

Quantum is possible to have your skype or make a little video when you adding a new object to shane and appling lightmaping?

7. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Sorry Mihai93, but I can't provide much more support on Unity's features. The steps outlined in the Lightmapping Quickstart that I posted to you earlier is enough to fix your issue. There are several youtube videos on using the lightmapper which is a good place to start.

Are you able to bake lighting on assets that are not from the UCP?

8. Mihai93

Mihai93

Is the first time im using Lightmaping and im not the best on english so for me is more hard to understand how to do the right lightmaping you do.

• I drag and drop model into scene.
    • after i go on Lightmaping Windows
    • I selected Object
    • After into Lightmapping windows into Object i select Lightmap Static
    • After i take Bake selected.

This are settings

So what is wrong?

what you do diference from me?

9. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I think I might understand.

Make sure you select the building AND objects that receive shadows from that building, then bake selected. When you hit "bake selected," lighting and shadows will only be applied to what you selected. Every other object will keep their old lighting and shadows. Does that help?

10. gv

gv

purchased!!! Hoping to make some nice looking levels from this.. :)

11. Mihai93

Mihai93

yes now it works perfectly thanks for your support man

12. lod3

lod3

@QT

Thank you! Do you still intend to fix the z-fighting here? Just checked and the z-fighting is still present on that building.

13. Mihai93

Mihai93

@QT i have another question i buy Modern Ruins from Michel O but if i try to add lightmapping i canot why?

14. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

It's probably best to contact Michael O for support on his package. If you need general Unity help, try searching on http://answers.unity3d.com This forum thread is for news and support for the Urban Construction Pack.

15. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Version 1.31 is in review to the asset store. Fixed:

• The transforms of gameobjects now show world-space rotations like everyone is used to.
    • Added Standard Assets (mobile) package so mobile demo scene's first person controller will work now.

16. lod3

lod3

@QT

Just re-posting in case you missed this:

17. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I checked the asset and the issue isn't there. However, it exists in the mobile demo scene because those assets have been combined and therefore disassociated with the source mesh. Where are you seeing it?

18. lod3

lod3

Just took this screenshot this morning. If you're facing the double-doors, it's on the left side. Just be sure that light mode is off, or that the left side of that building has light shining on it. (The issue is hard to see in flat ambient/bounce light).

19. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I see it. I will fix it in the next update.

In the meantime, check out the new Quantum Theory site at http://bit.ly/13V0Fl4 It's been entirely redesigned with updated demos and screenshots.

20. lod3

lod3

Thank you. And very nice website :)

21. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

A normal map and specular pass his begun!

22. lod3

lod3

Awesome :)

23. wana7262

wana7262

what music is used in web demo?

24. cops52

cops52

This is just amazing, especially for the price. Bought it. :razz:

25. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Why don't bridges have roads on them ?
    How do you make bridges ? if I align a bridge with a ''matching'' road it does not fit , I ended up using roads with sidewalks so it fits on bridges but then even if its aligned part of the sidewalk clips thru the side of the bridge .. its like no roads fits bridges properly.
    but worst is trying to align a ramp with a bridge they cant be aligned at the same height.
    Did I miss something to properly make bridges? thx !

26. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Bridges don't have roads on them for performance reasons. All bridges and "Double" roads do fit together as illustrated in the demo scenes. They snap edge-to-edge, vertex-to-vertex. It can be tricky as the road has a slight bevel to it, but they do fit.

27. lod3

lod3

Hey QT,

How is this going? ;)

28. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Progressing, but taking long as real life gets in the way.

29. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

You are right they fit ! but they don't snap , you have to manually find the right height.

Now i'm just having trouble aligning these bridge ramps with other bridge parts or roads to lower part of ramps , when I ctrl+alt+a it and then move it in place holding ctrl i cant get height or distance.

Think the only thing is that its aligning to the lower part of the bridge instead of the road part of the bridge.

But other then that I like the pack a lot of stuff in it to make a nice looking city :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  30. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Just one thing is there an easy way to change the shader QT-DiffuseVCCubemap Diffuse into a Bumped Specular one :confused:

Never delt with shaders yet :rolleyes:

31. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Sure, I can do that for you this evening. Email support@quantumtheoryentertainment.com with your invoice number and a description of the shader you need.

Or, if you're confident enough, the strumpy shader graphs are included in the Shaders folder. Feel free to edit them.

32. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

A work in progress shot for the next update. Still modifying lighting and postfx.

$Athena719.jpg

33. lod3

lod3

Very nice, sir! Looking forward to it :)

34. Mihai93

Mihai93

when we can have the new webplayer im so curios to see this please show us!!!

35. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

It's coming soon. Here's what is left to do:

1. Rewrite the shaders without using Strumpy Shader Editor. This will yield some better performance on mobile.
    2. Recalculate the lighting in the mobile scene.
    3. Build for Android Pro and iOS Pro with occlusion culling and the new 4.2 bloom effects.
    4. Video series on how to use the pack.

36. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

37. Mihai93

Mihai93

can you please please relase your character controller??

38. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

If you're referring to the one in the web player demo, that is just the Ultimate FPS controller found on the asset store. I can't release that.

The next web player demo will use Unity default controllers.

39. lod3

lod3

There's nothing wrong with using the UFPS controller; the default Unity FPS controller is so bad I sometimes get turned off from webplayers that use it. The point being, if a product is geared toward first-person use, I think using UFPS is a better way to illustrate the end use, since there's no way anyone is going to use the default controller, where UFPS is a fairly safe bet.

However, that said, I also think it should be made aware to users/potential clients. This way, not only are you able to create "simulations" of gameplay scenarios using assets not included in your package, but adding a note/image/link to the assets not included on the webplayer page would be a way for content publishers to cross-promote other products in return.

"Like the FPS controller used in this webplayer demo? Get it HERE." Etc.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  40. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

v1.5 is now available in the asset store!

41. gv

gv

awesome! :)

42. CodeMonke234

CodeMonke234

Normal maps definitely improve the look!!!

Thank you!

43. ExportDesign

ExportDesign

This looks amazing !

44. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Thank you for the complements! I hope you enjoy it. If you don't mind, please consider providing feedback on your purchase in the asset store. It really helps me in creating more content for the future.

In the meantime, I've started a YouTube video tutorial series on using the Urban Construction Pack. You can watch it here:
    YouTube Tutorial Series

More videos will be added soon. Enjoy!

45. im

im

new release? but when i go there it still says 1.5 and import, not update...

46. Rico21745

Rico21745

$ucp issues.JPG

Anyone else getting the errors in the pic above when trying to import the latest version from the asset store? I can't seem to get rid of them.

Basically all variations of:

Assets/Quantum Theory/UCP/Standard Assets/Image Effects (Pro Only)/MotionBlur.cs(51,38): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.RenderTexture' does not contain a definition for `MarkRestoreExpected' and no extension method `MarkRestoreExpected' of type `UnityEngine.RenderTexture' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Pretty much all complaining about image effects under UCP Standard Assets folder image effects

Edit: Ugh looks like it now requires me to upgrade to 4.2? I'm on 4.1.5f and last time I attempted an upgrade to 4.2 it broke my project for a week and had to rollback. Waiting till 4.3 now since I don't trust 4.2 at all.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  47. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Hi Rico,

These errors with red exclamation points aren't related to anything necessary for UCP to work properly. You can delete the files they're referencing as they're just post effects.

48. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Ok Everyone..

UCP is on sale for 60% off (60$) during the Asset Store's Birthday Bonanza! Be sure to grab your copy!

49. venusboysatish

venusboysatish

Hello all, we just released our debut game - Total Parking, which extensively uses Urban Construction Pack, on Google Play
    Check out the game here http://goo.gl/XF9rqq

UCP is awesome. Our game even runs on devices with 512 MB ram, and with the right compression techniques, we got the build size under 20 MB.

50. harrington

harrington

I purchased this pack and think it's great! We used it in our tutorial video for Cinema Mo Cap.