Search Unity

Urban American Assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Testmobile, Jun 22, 2018.

?

What would you like to see more?

1. 40's

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 50's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 60's

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. 70's

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 80's

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. 90's

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hello folks,
    It took me a while to make this post, i didn't wanted to show up around here empty handed, i wanted to start offering a gift to the whole community, it is a paint booth model (interior only), it will work great for your game as a car customization scene or a pay 'n spray kind of thing:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/uaa-business-paint-booth-120410

Im a hobbist game developer, i always wanted to make a third person oldschool action game and i realised it is a task too big to do it all by myself so i decided to sell my assets in a attempt to fund my game, the Urban American Assets will be mostly american styled vehicles with a simple interior, functional doors, hood and trunk.
    The vehicles available are:
    Old
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/land/uaa-city-vehicles-old-taxi-civil-wagon-117389

Melbick
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...city-vehicles-melbick-sedan-taxi-wagon-118407

Belroy
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/land/uaa-city-vehicles-belroy-sedan-taxi-118665

Grandstar
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...aa-city-vehicles-grandstar-coupe-sedan-119126

Razor
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/land/uaa-city-vehicles-razor-coupe-120359

I still have some vehicles pending approval on the asset store and other cars that are almost good to be uploaded to the store, i will be trying to keep the thread updated.
    Suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

Southern Pickup
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/land/uaa-city-vehicles-southern-pickup-120885

Update: Royalty has been accepted into the Asset Store
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/land/uaa-city-vehicles-royalty-sedan-121256

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. Testmobile

Testmobile

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  3. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just submitted to the assetstore the newest update for the Belroy, it will be a "facelift" called Belroy Liberty, it should be live in about a week or so.

4. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just submitted a new update for the Melbick Sedan and Wagon, now there´s a detailed engine option, all cars will be getting the same treatment eventually.
    Screenshot 2018-07-06 21.51.06.png

5. joeyether40

joeyether40

Let me start by saying I love these vehicles. Thaey are a perfect fit for my game. I have a character which will get in and out and drive first or third person. I already have the melbick sedan package that i am using. Today i bought the truck and plan to buy more but i notice a probem. I can not download both to the same project. the first one i download will have all the features but the second one will not let me import all the features do to a naming issue i think. Can you help with this? ty in advance Joey- Con-Air Games

6. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hey Joey!, im glad you like them! and i still have some more under my sleeve!
    The thing that you mentined may be because all these cars share some models, prefabs and materials (like wheels flares and stuff), does the models look alright if you just proceed with the import?

Let me know if everything goes well, im very interested in improving and getting the assets as neat as possible.

7. joeyether40

joeyether40

When I imported the truck after importing the melbick, I do get the truck prefabs, only the model, so when I put it in the scene it is just blank white. but if I delete the melbick then import the truck I get the truck prefabs, colors and all. Should I rename all the folders after downloading so I get all the assets?

8. joeyether40

joeyether40

I tried it again and it worked. Ty for your help

9. Testmobile

Testmobile

No problem friend, in fact im the one that should be thanking you!
    It was very nice that you brought this up because i noticed people will have problems if they change the colors in the material instances so i will be adopting a color library instead.
    You should see a update in a couple of days, i will also add a little something to the Southern pickup update ;)

upload_2018-8-2_14-5-10.png

10. joeyether40

joeyether40

ty iam looking forward to it and I will be getting many more of your assets for traffic in my game

Testmobile likes this.
  11. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hey folks!
    Just the just updated the Melbick, Grandstar, Razor, Southern pickup and the Old, the update included mostly the addition of a detailed engine version and the addition of the new color library (wich is shared among those assets)
    Now you can have different colors without having to having to create materials or changing every material instance.

The radical visual changes includes the Grandstar new limousine version

the Southern pickup earning a new facelift

and the Old Classic new vinyl roof option:

Belroy and Royalty sedan comes next!

12. Testmobile

Testmobile

13. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

Nice hub cap update love the old dirty wheels look but the new hubcap options very cool.

Testmobile likes this.
  14. johnadaniels

johnadaniels

These cars are amazing! Do you have these for the Unreal Engine?

Testmobile likes this.
  15. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks friend!
    I thought about converting them to Unreal but im so used to the unity prefab system that i couldn't get my mind around it yet. I will give it another shot as soon as i get the 3.0 update released, right now im busy remapping all the cars, the body will be a separated texture so they can have interchangeable skins and more texture efficiency, im also adding some extras that will also be shared among the collection.

Thanks for the input again, it means a lot to me!

Screenshot-2018-10-20-22.40.gif Screenshot 2018-10-21 13.58.52.png

salex1 likes this.
  16. Hasan_1984

Hasan_1984

Can i buy your model and sell it else where ?

17. Testmobile

Testmobile

No, sorry.

18. philc_uk

philc_uk

Hi, great cars. Can you describe their approx year of manufacture? Ideally, are there any made prior to early 1970s? Thanks!

Testmobile likes this.
  19. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks friend!
    From the released ones:
    Old 1960 (Round bumpers, the flat "rail-like" bumpers are 70's and up)
    Royalty 1963
    Thphoon Coupe 1966
    Razor 1970
    Southern 1975
    Belroy 1978
    Route 1981
    Southern K 1982
    Melbick 1984
    Ultraline 1984
    Grandstar 1985
    Belroy Liberty 1989

I got some more in the oven from the 60's, early and late 70's in the work but it might take a couple of months to get them to the store.

wetcircuit and philc_uk like this.
  20. philc_uk

philc_uk

Excellent - perhaps add to description on the store so people can 'attempt' to be historically accurate if their game is set in a particular year as mine is! ;-)

Testmobile likes this.
  21. Testmobile

Testmobile

That's a great idea, i will be doing so as i update the assets!
    Let me know whenever your game get going, it will be awesome to see them in action!

philc_uk likes this.
  22. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not an owner of any of these yet, but I've got them "favorited." I like how you've given them authentic but generic looks, and how you've added functionality of doors, trunk, and hood. Hopefully the side windows are implemented in such a way that they can be rolled down. Having a window go down so that someone can shoot a gun out of it would be a nice mechanism for a game.

Anyway, thanks for adding your cars to the store, and best wishes with them! :)

Testmobile likes this.
  23. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks for the input friend! I decided to put them in the store because i like em a lot and it would be a shame if they never got to see the light of the day.
    The way it is right now is that every glass is a separated object so they might be toggled on/off (notice the stunt cars, they have no glasses, taillights or headlights)
    I think it would be necessary to make some scripting magic because the windows would have to go down in kinda of an angle but i have to admit that i already thought about it.

My plan for the long shot is to have a car handler script, so people could call this car handler and turn off/on the lights, breakable(glasses), switch brake/reverse lights, change color, get seat/door positions, play door/trunk and hood animations.

hopeful likes this.
  24. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just submitted a update for the Melbick, i fixed some problems it had on the doors (window areas) and added a new two door version and i also added hood and trunk hinges that were missing from the models, it should be available in a couple of days. The next vehicle update will be for the Grandstar.

Screenshot 2019-01-21 10.13.28.png

The first semi-truck has been released, it's the 1970 James&Son 400 Semi Truck, it comes with three cab options, extended, normal and short:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...city-vehicles-james-son-400-semi-truck-136370

The 1985 Bertrand Coupe has been submitted to the Asset Store and it stills pending the approval.

hopeful likes this.
  25. DenesN

DenesN

Man, these look absolutely amazing, great job.
    Do you plan to make any convertible versions?

Testmobile likes this.
  26. Testmobile

Testmobile

That`s an excellent idea, thanks for reminding me!

27. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Hey man, these are all soooo good. Great job. If you've got any more 80s inspired ones (maybe euro or Japanese) I'd buy them all. My project has a retro- future look going and your models are perfect thanks bro.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Testmobile likes this.
  28. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks friend! Make sure to send me a link to your game page when you get your project going!

I love retro! (as you might be able to tell), i have a lot of unreleased cars that im setting to the UAA standard (but they are all american themed), my goal right now is to make the collection to fill as many categories as possible, im finishing a hearse to be included on the Grandstar update, next it will be an ambulance for the Southern or the Ultraline, a new sport car and some convertible.
    I don`t discard the idea to making some imports, if you want to make any suggestion PM me.

On other news the Bertrand Coupe is already live on the asset store

This is my official developer list, i add every car there as soon as it get's accepted by the Asset Store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/lists/uaa-urban-american-assets-86483

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Wetw0rx, hopeful and wetcircuit like this.
  29. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just submitted the new Grandstar update to the Asset Store, it should be live in a couple of days. ;)

Wetw0rx, hopeful and wetcircuit like this.
  30. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hello folks,
    Just submitted a update to the Asset Store (it should be up in a couple of days), this time it's the Route with a new sedan version!

004.jpg 013.jpg

Im also working on a new luxury vehicle that is still unnamed, whenever im done with it i will start working on a update to one of my released vehicles (a new version of something), let me know if you have any favourites that you think it deserves a new version.
    upload_2019-3-3_20-9-0.png

hopeful likes this.
  31. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I love your design choices. :cool:

Can I request an earlier (pre-1975) hearse / coroner's / estate wagon, and more working vehicles…?

I guess sporty cars are sexier, but your vehicles are the mench of cars. It's rare to find models that hit this sweetspot of retro-style but believable.

Also, how about a camper add-on for the Southern pickup?
    :p Crazy old men who live in the woods need love too.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 9.46.20 AM.png

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    hopeful and Testmobile like this.
  32. Testmobile

Testmobile

I loved the ideas! I think i might have the perfect right pre-75 car for the job!
    001.jpg

002.jpg

I was planning an ambulance addon for the southern but it wont be a problem to add the camper aswell, thanks for that tip, a camper is something that was really missing from my collection.

hopeful and wetcircuit like this.
  33. Testmobile

Testmobile

I had been away from the computer a while, having a break but i should start pumping some more models into the store and aswell new updates on the current models, the first update is for the southern pickup (ambulance version).
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 12.19.00.png

I also already sent the Kallias sedan to the store, i will drop a line once it's approved.
    Screenshot 2019-06-28 20.11.28.png

I will be giving away Bertrand Coupes to the first three people that post a picture of the project they are working on.

salex1 and hopeful like this.
  34. Testmobile

Testmobile

salex1, hopeful and wetcircuit like this.
  35. Testmobile

Testmobile

wetcircuit and hopeful like this.
  36. Testmobile

Testmobile

hopeful and wetcircuit like this.
  37. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Wow! RV looks amazing!

Testmobile likes this.
  38. Testmobile

Testmobile

Thanks! Im so glad you like it, i just submitted it to the asset store, im not done with RV`s yet, i still want to make a southern camper and a big one (like the one from Breaking bad.) Screenshot 2019-07-31 20.30.24.png Screenshot 2019-07-31 20.29.44.png

hopeful likes this.
  39. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just submitted the Arrow sedan to the Asset Store, it should be up in a couple of weeks.
    I also wanted to share my new Discord channel, i will be around there most of the time and will be glad to help to the best of my ability.
    https://discordapp.com/invite/3Q6phYP

028.jpg

40. hopeful

hopeful

Is there a normal or height map for the engine area? It's not absolutely necessary, but it could liven it up a bit.

Testmobile likes this.
  41. Testmobile

Testmobile

Right now im still using the crazy low poly meshes on the engine bay area like the previous releases, i haven't been using the detailed engine because the way i was doing was too lazy and rushed. When i get a respectable collection im planning to keep updating and include a final solution with the frame/mechanics and a better interior.

engi.JPG

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    hopeful likes this.
  42. Testmobile

Testmobile

Just posted a new free package on the Discord channel

Screenshot 2019-07-11 16.02.44.png Screenshot 2019-07-11 16.04.45.png

hopeful likes this.
  43. hopeful

hopeful

Will that free package be coming to the UAS? If so, I prefer to keep my downloads centralized, and I'll wait. :)

Testmobile likes this.
  44. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Worked great in a gamejam this weekend.

Hitchhiker_img.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    hopeful and Testmobile like this.
  45. Testmobile

Testmobile

There's a very dark tone to it, the character looks great and looks like an ambush is about to happen. I love it!
    I will send you a little something on discord, check it out when you get some time.

wetcircuit likes this.
  46. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

How did I miss the Arrow Sedan?

(cops & robbers discofunk soundtrack)

Testmobile likes this.
  47. Captain-Cutwood

Captain-Cutwood

Have you any model available or in the making that has the grill and rear tail lights of a 1977 LTD 4 door sedan? I've been trying to make one myself but am not so talented. I'm wanting to use one in game simulation and for some flyby cut scenes in Unity. I see some of your works of art are very close to what I need within my project.

I plan obviously to make my vehicle within a game build, such that it can't be extracted, and am wondering if it would be correct to purchase one of your cars or two and then attempt modifications on this end to create the vehicle I need in my scene levels. Any changes or the original would not be accessible as a model to the end users.

You do beautiful work, and maybe your prices should be a bit higher due to the quality you produce. I suppose it's a balance between quantity you can sell and price competition with others. Do you have any plans to put the models out in .FBX format or only .obj, as a last curiosity?

48. Testmobile

Testmobile

I loved the questions!
    Thanks for all the compliments, its always great to hear that kind of feedback from people that share the same enthusiasm for big american styled vehicles. As for the price, if you need only one vehicle 5 bucks might sounds kinda low indeed but since its a collection that is designed to work together occasionally people buy more than one and things kinda evens out for me.

Right now im not using obj, when you buy the vehicles are in the fbx format (inside a unity package) with several prefabs ready to use (with helpers for the wheels, the lights and doors) you can check the manual if you want more details about hierarchy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/exi064dar7jht7a/UAA Manual.pdf?dl=0
    If you want to use the fbx to port it to another engine you will have to do some heavy lifting to clean it up, set children objects, lights and so on, but if you just want to edit it as long as you keep the same object names and pivot points you should be fine.

If i were you i wouldn`t waste time trying to implement ways to keep people from extracting assets, if someone decides they want it, they will just use a ripper or something to take a screenshot directly from the GPU and all the time you wasted on protecting the assets could have been used to finish the game earlier. In my opinion you should use your time to make the game fun.

About the ltd, if we are talking about the ltd i believe 77 is the exact year they had a design change, if we are talking the ltd ll with square headlights i have one thats based on that design wich is halfway through or are we talking the round headlights model?
    Either way it would take me a month or two to get one of those modelled and approved by the asset store, if you can wait those are cars that are on my list and i would be glad to make them, let me know wich is the model you are looking for.

Thanks for writting, feedback is really important to me!

49. Captain-Cutwood

Captain-Cutwood

Thank you for the link to the manual, that is very useful and above average for practical information related to your models.

Here are some images of various parts of the 1977 LTD. I don't know if you are limited in actually putting the word FORD on the grill or the LTD on the rear tail lights - although I am not a lawyer. I don't see why the car manufacturer should have any objection, but perhaps that should be a question to get answered by them on the record.

So the 77 LTD was a 4 door with a peerless roof, or nearly peerless. And here's what the lights look like for the model that interests me most:
    800px-Ford_LTD.JPG Big Rear Shot LTD.jpeg

And the front Grill a bit more closeup:
    Grill-WEB-SIZE.jpg Ford_LTD Grill.jpg

Hopefully I didn't get too overboard on this reply ! Looking forward to purchasing the LTD when you get it in the store, in the meantime I'm going to purchase one or more today from your other packs. Since I have tried to model some cars myself in the past I know from experience how excellent your creations are from the get go.

Testmobile likes this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, I think there can be legal issues resulting from using any items bearing a company logo or brand. A fictitious logo and brand are fine, though.

What's best, I think - for car assets in general - is if there's a way for users to easily swap such things out. Like if in the kit the fake brand for Ford is "Fond," maybe I would want to change that to the brand of a fictitious company in my game, like ... oh, I don't know ... maybe Fahrt (the German word for "journey").

Likewise, we should be able to easily replace any kit badges / logos with our own.

Also, it should be easy to change any Fire Dept / Police / etc. art, so if we want it to be for "Paradise City," we can easily make that change.

Testmobile likes this.