Search Unity

Upside down camera render using VR Pipeline template

Discussion in 'VR' started by vinnie-vivace, Jan 16, 2019.

1. vinnie-vivace

vinnie-vivace

Hi. I have just created a new project using the experimental VR render pipeline template. Testing using a Samsung Odyssey headset, running it directly from the editor, using the Windows Mixed Reality portal. In both the Editor, and on the headset the camera is rendering upside down. Observing the Main Camera transform properties, they look to be correct.

I believe it relates to Post Processing as when i disable the Post Process Layer script, and set HDR and MSAA to off (rather than Use Pipeline settings), it renders correctly

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hello Vinnie, this is a known issue where the render texture gets flipped, not the camera itself. You seem to already have found the current workaround. I know our engineer was working on this recently so the patch to fix that should be coming.

3. vinnie-vivace

vinnie-vivace

thanks Jason, will keen an eye out for the fix.

4. cphinton

cphinton

@JasonCostanza Hey Jason, this sounds like an issue we are having. At various points during development we have had:
    1. Graphics.Blit flipping an image on every other frame (but not flipping on the other frames)
    2. The built-in shadow collector pass rendering shadows upside-down (sometimes every other frame)
    3. Reflections being applied upside-down (in RenderDeferred.ReflectionsToEmissive in RenderDoc)

Which versions of Unity/PostProcessing does this issue effect and which versions will be fixed?
    If it is a separate issue, do you have any suggestions/news?

We are using Unity2017.4.3f1 and PostProcessing 2.0.14-preview. We will be updating sometime before release, but would much rather not update to the next LTS.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019