Search Unity

Uploading to the Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jtman562, Mar 21, 2011.

1. jtman562

jtman562

I downloaded the asset store tools, and unlike the website says, there is absolutely nothing that makes sense or explains how to submit something to the Asset Store. If someone could help me with this, that'd be great.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

3. jtman562

jtman562

Well, I assume those are the documents supplied in the Tools, as implied in the link, but as is they are unreadable.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I don't know what's "unreadable" about them; they're straightforward and illustrate everything in a step-by-step manner.

--Eric

5. jtman562

jtman562

6. Thetal

Thetal

Opening .dll file with wordpad? That was a joke, right?

7. jtman562

jtman562

Not word pad..... and it's not a .dll file either.

8. Thetal

Thetal

Every .DLL start with MZ string. And it shown there. Plus name of file shown is "AssetsStoreTools.dll".

Looks like WordPad to me.

Anyhow, here is the image you have linked to:

9. jtman562

jtman562

Thanks for not helping. In the time it took for you guys to make your post, you could have just answered the question. I have to say, this is probably the least helpful forum I've ever been a member of. Why even have a forum if people are just going to tell you, "Search for it" or "Have you even tried?". This is stupid. Out of the many questions I have asked, very few of them have been answered. You'd think there would be more people to help with a subject so complex as game design. Don't expect many more posts from me.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hey man, here you got answers as you read ... People around care about your problem and gave some help as they can ... The first reply is the one : follow the .pdf guidelines in the link posted by eric. It's really simple. It's a .pdf so open it with acrobat reader or open office ... it's readable maybe you don't have the right soft to open it. Acrobat is free...

11. jtman562

jtman562

Thank you. That's what I was looking for.