Search Unity

Uploading first project to Unity Cloud

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by chanfort, May 3, 2015.

1. chanfort

chanfort

I am quite new with Unity Cloud services and still didn't found a lot of information how to set up things in order to upload my entire project from my computer to Unity Cloud.

I noticed that in demos people were using Bitbucket to put URL into Unity Cloud new project setup. Does it mean that firstly I should upload my project to Bitbucket before starting to use Unity Cloud?

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @chanfort ! Yes, you need to be using a source control (sometimes called version control) hosting service in order to use Unity Cloud Build. In addition to allowing us to build your project, you will also get the benefit of having a project that is always backed up, and that can be reverted to any previous state. I recommend searching on the internet for some intro tutorials on how to use Git (a common version control system).

Here's a good place to get started:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/AlistairDoulin/20150304/237814/Git_for_Unity_Developers.php

This will walk you through the BitBucket setup process (its free) and then help you get started with Unity Cloud Build. Please document your efforts on this thread, if you have time! It will help others just getting started with version control, who find this thread.

And we're usually around on this forum, so let us know if you have any questions!

3. chanfort

chanfort

Thanks a lot for link about Git - that parts was a bit unclear, now it's becoming more clear. If I will manage, I may create a YouTube video covering steps from creating empty project in computer to successful build in UCB.

David-Berger likes this.
  4. Ktulian

Ktulian

Wow, does this really have to be soo complicated? Why cant we just get a save button? FFS!

5. NicorSoftware

NicorSoftware

forget it. more trouble than its worth to upload an existing local project.

6. ChromazoneX

ChromazoneX

If you have the project open, at the top right near the corner there should be a button that says "Collab", that is the easiest way to save a current project to the cloud. This allows you to access it via Unity Hub on a diff PC (under the same Unity ID) or on the same PC if you have to reset your computer and need to be able to access the project again afterwards.

gadawg, Tidcy and beingburrito like this.
  7. SantiMirapeix

SantiMirapeix

Thanks that was halpefull

8. shadoath

shadoath