Search Unity

Question uploading data files (.txt) on a server directly from unity?

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by NRayta, Feb 10, 2022.

1. NRayta

NRayta

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, I apologize if its not.
    I have a project where I collect some data from the scene in a text file. I want to upload this .txt file onto a server directly from the game. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to easily do this? Any secure reliable server? It has to work with the build of the project as well...

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @NRayta,
    Thanks for posting.

If I may ask a few follow-up questions to better guide you? What information are you planning on collecting? Do you need this information from all users who interact with your application? If the data you are collecting is needed for analysis then I would highly recommend using our analytics.

Cloud save will allow you to save data in different formats. The data can then be loaded on an individual bases. Example: Loading save data, like player health, player score and so on. This could also be scene data stored on an user by user basis. In the scenario you described you can probably use cloud save and save your data in JSON, you can read more about the integration process here.

With cloud save the txt file could be bypassed completely. If you can share your scenario we may be able to help you find a solution.

Best,
    Seb

3. NRayta

NRayta

Hi thankyou for you reply, the project has some UI where participants study the material first by clicking on the questions, we collect which questions were clicked in which sequence. Then there's a pop quiz, from which we collect the result then there's 11 more questions they have to answer and we collect the data of the result. All in a .txt file. It is now saving locally. I want to save it on a server because I need the researcher to be able to access the participants data, and the participants number would be around at least 100.
    Hope this explains a bit. And I'll check out anaytics, thankyou!