Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Uploaded APK is not optimally compressed. Optimized APK zipalign software and resubmit.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Kamil1064, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Kamil1064

Kamil1064

Hi, I want to make update for my game which is near 100 MB now, so won't be able to use .aab format.
    So on test game everything is going ok when i submit 'game.abb' to google play store. Everything is signed and waiting now for goggle to aprove.
    Problem is when I build game as .apk file (actually two files).
    Main part is going to be ok - 'game.apk', hovewer there is a problem with the second part 'game.main.obb' goggle said
    "Uploaded APK is not optimally compressed. Optimized APK zipalign software and resubmit."
    Details in screenshot.
    I found on internet it may happen with 'game.apk' file if game is not signed inside unity - publishing settings. But I cannot find the solution with 'game.main.obb'.
    Anyone have Idea what to do?
    Cheers,
    Kamil

Attached Files:

2. kaarloew

kaarloew

You can zipalign a file with following command

zipalign -v 4 infile outfile

3. Kamil1064

Kamil1064

Ok, but where? In android studio?

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

5. Kamil1064

Kamil1064

Yes, it gave me some help on the road :)
    So at the moment I found how to add .obb. I added picture here, if it help someone it's always worth to add :) zipalign_002.jpg

At the moment I'm waiting for google to aprove version, then some tests. I will post here result.
    Cheers,
    Kamil

6. phygitalmadhouse

phygitalmadhouse

Same error and stuck in the same step. How do you zipallign the files finally? Please ......Lol.

7. InteractivaStudios

InteractivaStudios

If you weren't able to solve it, first ONLY upload the APK. Once it's finished uploading, it should be listed below in the same page. Click on the three dots towards the right of the APK and select "Upload OBB."
    upload_2021-4-23_17-58-37.png
    This will popup a screen where you can upload the OBB.

unityunity