Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Upload to Google Play Problem

Discussion in 'Android' started by gamesbytroy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. gamesbytroy

gamesbytroy

Hello,
    I think the easiest way to explain what is happening is to list it in steps of what I have done. I was using Unity 2019.4.8 or 2019.4.16 (I cannot remember) to do the steps below.
    1. I have exported a game from Unity, and uploaded it to Google Play.
    2. I created a new App on the Google Play Console, and uploaded the .aab on an internal test track.
    3. I found a bug, so I fixed it IN A NEW UNITY PROJECT (I basically duplicated the old project and created a new one so I would still have the old version)
    4. I exported the updated game to Google Play as an .aab file, as an update to the original App.
    5. I repeated steps 3-4 about 3 times with different bugs
    6. Here comes the issue. I repeated step #3 again, but when I went to upload the .aab file, I got a "Your APK or Android App Bundle needs to have the package name com.MyCompany.GameName."
    7. I did end up changing the game of the bundle, so I did a re-export with the new name (Changed in player settings and the "Save As" dialogue.)
    8. Same Error. (I tried as an APK and as a .aab, no difference)
    9. I tried a different Unity Version (2019.2.12f1), APK and .aab, same error
    Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. gamesbytroy

gamesbytroy

I managed to solve this with external help.

Solutions for those that come across this issue:
    Make sure the name of the package matches (In the “Build and Settings” tab), carefully check how you filled in these lines:

• In the “Package name” line you must remove all spaces and separate the names with dots, as well as the name of the company and your game must completely match.