Search Unity

Upload success, Processing stuck at 0%

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by fire00f1y, Jan 17, 2020.

1. fire00f1y

fire00f1y

Hey everyone. I just installed Unity and did the initial tutorial where you modify a couple of values and put a new enemy on the screen.

The final step in this tutorial is to build the project as a WebGL and "Share WebGL Game". The window which pops up successfully uploads my files, but then it moves to processing and never makes progress.

Have I missed a step? There are no error messages or anything, so how do I go about fixing this?

upload_2020-1-17_15-23-28.png

Bonus question: Chrome (and other browsers) block loading of unity webgl from a local file. How do I force it to load?

edit: to actually add the question above

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

Hey fireman!

Just for your information, I don't have the solution, but I'm facing the same issue since yesterday (like 15 hours ago). I have already reinstalled Unity, let it load over night and stuff but nothing helped. The fact that you have the same problem since yesterday makes me hope that it is a server issue, that will be solved by Unity. As soon as one of us has found a solution, let's post it in this thread. Maybe we should send a request to Unity to solve that, but I don't know how.

Regards
    Dennis

3. OneDevv

OneDevv

I have the same problem :(

unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg likes this.
  4. unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

I think it must be a Unity server issue. I have sent a request to Unity and I will let you know the outcome. If anyone has any idea how to solve it, please tell us.

5. Jbird_unity

Jbird_unity

Same problem

6. thenme

thenme

7. TheScubaDiver

TheScubaDiver

Same problem

8. mochand

mochand

Anyone figure this out? I see a lot of posts getting views so people are active. Any old users having issues loading? That would show it's a server side issue. Is there some prerequisite we're missing? I opened unity connect to see if I can see my projects.

kcbaggins likes this.
  9. MaeEast

MaeEast

I'm in the same boat as well. Hope that it will get addressed soon enough.

10. alading

alading

Same issue, man

11. alikamarainen

alikamarainen

Hi. To play the WebGL game locally in the browser you need to host the game using an HTTP server. There are several options currently (these might not work in the future),
    cd BuildDir && python -m SimpleHTTPServer .
    for example, but the recommended future-proof way should be using https://emscripten.org/docs/compiling/Running-html-files-with-emrun.html. FYI, when one uses "Build And Run" Unity uses Node to host the game.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  12. ddzsotjan

ddzsotjan

Hello! Have you heard back from them? I have the same issue ...

13. kcbaggins

kcbaggins

I've also run into this. It looks like I can upload it by dragging the zip file into Unity Connect...but would like to understand if I am causing the issue preventing completing this from within Unity.

14. kcbaggins

kcbaggins

Perhaps this was the same for everyone who posted before me, but it turns out the upload was working but the progress bar in Unity wasn't updating. I checked my Unity Connect page and found my game waiting. The email alert came through much later.

mamba642 likes this.