Search Unity

Upgrading Unity LTS 2019.4.9f1 to 2019.4.20f1 on a Mac using Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jairreal, Feb 14, 2021.

1. jairreal

jairreal

Hi everyone,

I searched different keywords trying to find if my question had been asked before, but only a very old thread from 2015 came up.

I'm trying to understand what is the procedure to update/upgrade on my Mac my current Unity LTS 2019.4.9f1 to the latest LTS recommended version (currently Unity LTS 2019.4.20.f1). In the past, I've had only installed different major versions (2017 to 2018, and then to 2019). It seems that every time I go through this process, a completely separate instance of a full install is downloaded and setup, so I'm constantly running out of space while trying to update to the latest version. The only option I see in the Unity Hub is to Add the recommended version, which makes me think it will do the same full install on a separate directory for 2019.4.20.f1 and so I will have two 2019 LTS versions and be close to running out of space in the process.

I'm wondering if I'm not doing it properly and there's a way to update within the same major version via an installation that replaces files rather than sets up an entire separate instance when going from 2019.4.9f1 to the recommended 2019.4.20.f1

2. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Checking in to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. If so we would suggest installing the new one first then uninstalling the old one.