Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Upgrading Unity Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by gblekk, Jul 29, 2021.

1. gblekk

gblekk

Our team is using Collaborate 1.3.9, latest version is 1.6.0. Unity version 2020.1.6f1. Is there any chance collaborate could cause conflicts with other plug ins? If we do upgrade collaborate, can that be undone using collaborates own version control? Thanks!

2. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Collaborate 2 version is not supported, so if you upgrade - the support team won't be able to fully assist you. Also, if you upgrade the package, you can always change the version in the Package Manager back to 1.3.9.

Could you please elaborate a bit more about the conflicts that you experience, potentially, because of Collaborate? May be I'm aware of something or may be we've had previous reports about any of those.

3. grcool

grcool

upload_2021-8-2_14-51-28.png |

Today, old stable version of Collab was removed.
    The new version 1.6.0 is unable to show Collab History window:
    Unity 2019.4.29

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.OnDisable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:74)
    3. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    5. ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    6. Parameter name: styleSheet
    7. UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElementStyleSheetSet.Add (UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheet styleSheet) (at <aea3cceceb0c44ea9855b62119e9be3b>:0)
    8. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.AddStyleSheetPath (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement root, System.String path) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:96)
    9. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.SetupGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:110)
    10. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:62)
    11. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  4. Solofo

Solofo

Please help. Same problem, and so we can't open Collab History AT ALL, meaning we can't currently restore version if something goes wrong (which is the whole point of version control)!

5. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Could you please submit a support ticket with us, so that we could investigate this further? Thanks!

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @gblekk, for your issue, please look at my response in https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-collaborate-1-8-0-broke-my-project.1165088/ to resolve your issue. TL;DR, upgrading the Version Control package to v1.7.0 should clear your errors.

Hi @grcool and @Amy_Frost, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! There is a regression where the Collab History window does not open on 2019.x of the Editor using v1.6.0 or higher of the Version Control package. We have opened a bug and passed this issue on to the dev team so that they can investigate it further.

In the meantime, you can try downgrading the package manually to workaround this issue. You can do this by doing the following:
    • Modify the package version used by the Editor in: C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\<your-version>\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Editor\manifest.json (For Mac: Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/<your-version>/, Show Package Contents, Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Editor/manifest.json).

In the manifest.json, search for "collab-proxy". Inside of the code block for the package, next to the "minimumVersion" field, replace "1.6.0" with "1.2.16". Save and close the file.

• In the Packages folder of your project, open the manifest.json file there. Replace "1.6.0" with "1.2.16" or "2.0.0-preview.22", depending on which version of Collab you'd prefer.

• Restart the Editor.
    Now you should be unblocked and able to use the Collab History window as expected.

TysonCross likes this.
  7. rvsa

rvsa

@ryanc-unity Thank you very much for showing above solution. My project has been fixed!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  8. TysonCross

TysonCross

@ryanc-unity Thank you. Following your steps (and specifying "2.0.0-preview.22") finally fixed my problems with a blank collab window (and the errors I was getting, detailed below). I am now able to view my collab history again, after months of being unable to.

The project in question was started with 2018.4.20
    Collab history worked without problems.
    This problem began shortly after (but not immediately after) I upgraded the project to use Unity 2019.4.29, and was also present in 2019.4.30 -> 2019.4.31

(I noticed that the collab package version got updated during the upgrades, with the blank collab history window problem starting with 1.6.0 and continuing up until 1.10.2 )

The errors I was getting, that led me to your post, were similar to:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.OnDisable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:74)
    3. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    4. ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    5. Parameter name: styleSheet
    6. UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElementStyleSheetSet.Add (UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheet styleSheet) (at <aea3cceceb0c44ea9855b62119e9be3b>:0)
    7. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.AddStyleSheetPath (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement root, System.String path) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:96)
    8. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.SetupGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:110)
    9. UnityEditor.CollabHistoryWindow.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.6.0/Editor/Collaborate/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs:62)
    10. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm glad to hear that the workaround is working for so many of you! A fix for this issue in 2019 will be out soon in the Version Control package.