Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading to LWRP does not work

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Pr0x1d, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

I dont know what actual problem is. There is no error or anything like it. I am upgrading as I did in 2018.2 but it does not work right now. It literally doesnt know that any LWRP is in the project it just still using the old RP.

(LWRP material)
    upload_2018-9-21_0-9-47.png

(standard material)
    upload_2018-9-21_0-10-30.png

Hopefully it can be fixed, we are starting working on this project tomorrow so I would be glad If I could use LWRP caus the game is aimed for low end devices. Thanks

PS: I dont know if I should do bug report or not. It really doesnt give any error or other message.

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

you have to upgrade your materials to the LWRP materials as well as assigning an LWRP SRP Graphics Setting

Applying a Graphics Setting (There might be one by Default but this is how you create one that you can edit the settings)

Right click in the project view/folder you want it in Create > Rendering > Lightweight Pipeline Asset
    upload_2018-9-20_18-56-0.png

Now to apply it
    Edit > Project Settings > Graphics and add the pipeline asset
    upload_2018-9-20_18-58-0.png

Now to Upgrade Materials
    Edit > Render Pipeline > Upgrade Project Materials to Lightweight Materials (Your project should be good to go)If you had custom materials those won't be upgraded since this only upgrades standard materials to Lightweight Standard Materials (also same steps for HDRP if you want to try that as well)

upload_2018-9-20_18-58-47.png

Pr0x1d and LeonhardP like this.
  3. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

@Grimreaper358 Thanks, I literally forgot to add LWRP asset, done it like 10+ times on HDRP that I forgot that it is completely same procedure for LWRP. Feeling kinda dumb :(.