Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

upgrading to 4 iOS basic, what are the benefits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derkoi, Nov 15, 2012.

1. derkoi

derkoi

I'm considering upgrading my basic 3.5.x iOS licence to 4, but looking at the masses of changes and info, i can't find the info I need.

I can find comparisons between basic pro versions of 4, but I cant find comparisons between 3.5.x and 4, just a scattering of "what's new info".

Can anyone tell me if its worth upgrading my basic iOS licence?

I also plan on buying pro versions sometime in 2013 all being well, does upgrading from a basic iOS licence to a pro licence end up costing more, or is there an upgrade discount?

Thanks

2. gregzo

gregzo

Hard shadows for one.

3. derkoi

derkoi

That's a pro feature not basic isn't it?

4. gregzo

gregzo

Ha, might be, browsing now but the license comparison doesn't mention iOS specifically (regarding shadows).

5. henry96

henry96

Well, 4.0 provides better performance, better terrain, the mechanim system, collision of particle system, support of dynamic font, and many more. So yeah, it's worth it.

6. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Shadows is pro

7. resetme

resetme

Dynamic fonts for ios and basic?? No more duplicating fonts :D That's is a win for me.

8. SevenBits

SevenBits

Hm, yes, my only concern is I don't want to lose my existing 3.5 iOS and Android basic licenses... Any one know how easy it is to run multiple licenses of Unity at ounce? I know you can run more than one version, but licenses? Anyone have experience?

9. Tanel

Tanel

I'd actually like to know this as well. Do we get a new serial for 4 and the one from 3 will also still work?

unityunity