Search Unity

Upgrading project from 2019.1.14 to 2019.2.1 - Image/Text/ScrollRect settings lost

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ZackNewworldcoders, Jul 6, 2020.

1. ZackNewworldcoders

ZackNewworldcoders

We have quite a large project that we require to update to take advantage of some new HDRP content.

When I upgraded our project from 2019.1.14f1 to 2019.2.10f1. The project has lost all settings for the following unity components

Textboxs
    Images
    ScrollRect
    GridLayoutGroup
    Buttons

And probably more when I keep digging...

These items effect our entire UI/Canvas. And I have just used 16 hours manually going through each object and it's settings from a backup so I can accommodate this necessary upgrade.

Why is this happening? Have the components changed?

Is there a work around?

Or a conversion? Or did I mess somthing up?

I tried the upgrade process on three clean copy's of the backup.
    .as I recall aswell about a month ago I did a exploritory unity upgrade to the newest 2020 beta and had the same issues. (But science I was just curious then I didn't bother to fix and proceed)

Please let me know. Thanks in advance

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "The project has lost all settings"? Do you mean all of those components on all of your game objects have had all their values reset to default? You've made sure there are no compiler errors in the project at all? (Even a single compiler error can prevent the project from reloading components properly.)

As for your upgrade, are you upgrading from version to version until you finally reach a target version? Or are you planning on staying on 2019.2 for some reason? I recently upgraded my project from 2019.1 to 2019.3, completely skipping 2019.2. It seemed that going straight to 2019.3, at least for me, was a lot smoother than going through 2019.2 to get to 2019.3.

I'd recommend starting your upgrade over again on a clean version of your 2019.1 project. Before opening the project in the new version of the editor, delete the Library folder under your project, then go through the upgrade process. If that leaves some components with their settings "lost", I'd recommend viewing the scene file contents of the scene, and comparing the values for that component to their values in the non-upgraded version. It might be easiest if you add a new scene to your 2019.1 project, just a tiny scene containing a few of the components that have been giving you trouble.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. ZackNewworldcoders

ZackNewworldcoders

Hi there,

Thank you very much, And thanks for replying. Yes i did have some errors that have been lingering for a while, but have never stopped me in doing any thing or compiling... On your advice i have taken some time to track down and fix those bugs, (Mostly with other assets coding and null checks)

After hours, and about three trials, i was able to port my project to 2019.2.10f1, with all the component Settings intact.

So that seemed to work.... still alot of work ahead...

However... and maybe i need to start a new thread again.

Theres a significant performance drop, going from 2019.1.14 to 2019.2.10, infact i noted this performance drop before on a thread here : https://forum.unity.com/threads/upg...-3f1-performance-fps-drop-by-30-50fps.741464/

The differance is a lost of 30 FPS in editor (Was 45 in 2019.1.14, is now 10-14 in 2019.2.10)

This differance is also seen in a stand alone build, (was 60-120fps in Stand alone built from 2019.1.14, and is now 25 - 30 in 2019.2.10)

The original project was using HDRP 5.7.2 and upgrading to unity 2019.2.10 seems to force it up to 6.9.0 minimum.

This test was done today, This test was done with both HDRP 6.9.0 and on 6.9.2 in 2019.2.10

No assets have been changed, code, textures, or anything else, i feel it is important to note, this is why i did not upgrade past 2019.1.14 in the very beginning. (Thread mentioned above)

My goal is to land at unity 2019.2.10f and HDRP 6.9.2 to take advantage of some new packages

Any help would be appreciated....