Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading materials to HD pipeline makes them dissapear

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by radionix3d, Apr 19, 2018.

1. radionix3d

radionix3d

So I wanted to test these new materials (lit, layered lit and so on) but no success so far.

I've installed all render pipeline packages, testing it on PC. When I switch a material to Lit it just dissapears from preview and when I put it on an object it becomes invisible too.

Are there any additional steps involved?

2. radionix3d

radionix3d

I also receive this error message

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\ProgramData\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@1.1.4-preview\HDRP\Material\GGXConvolution\GGXConvolution.cs.hlsl" is denied.
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:320)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/StreamWriter.cs:124)
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string,bool)
    System.IO.File.CreateText (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:159)
    UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.CSharpToHLSL.GenerateAll () (at C:/ProgramData/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@1.1.4-preview/CoreRP/Editor/ShaderGenerator/CSharpToHLSL.cs:101)
    UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.ShaderGeneratorMenu.GenerateShaderIncludes () (at C:/ProgramData/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@1.1.4-preview/CoreRP/Editor/ShaderGenerator/ShaderGeneratorMenu.cs:10)

3. radionix3d

radionix3d

nvm, the solution was to go to ProjectSettings -> Graphics -> and choose HDRenderPipelineAsset in the Scriptable render pipeline settings.

unityunity