Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Upgrading from URP to HDRP for mobile

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by rambii, Jun 13, 2021.

1. rambii

rambii

I have been thinking a lot about switching over my mobile RPG game from URP to HDRP to take advantage of some of the features it has. But knowing that Genshin Impact was made using Unity for mobile, consoles and PC I assume it uses HDRP especially with it using TAA Anti Aliasing. I am only planning to make for mobile but I wonder, often times when I search about HDRP for mobile the answers are against mobile use but how did Mihoyo do it for Genshin and made it run so smoothly?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I highly doubt Genshin Impact uses HDRP.

3. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

HDRP does not support mobile.

4. rambii

rambii

Oh ok. But how did it get TAA and Screen Space Reflection in Unity without it being HDRP? They are not available for for URP

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They are available for built in.

6. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

Last time I checked their apk, Genshin Impact was using Unity 2017, so it's probably using built in.

They also have a gigantic dev team and budget, so it's possible every effect you see there is custom made too.

CandraWi and AcidArrow like this.
  7. rambii

rambii

Oh I understand now. Than you guys for explaining. Sometime I forgot how much use some of the older Unity stuff have with post processing stack that gives access to SSR, deferred and more AA compared to some of the limited things in URP