Search Unity

Bug Upgrading from 2022.2.4 to 2022.2.6 breaks URP?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by lclemens, Feb 15, 2023.

1. lclemens

lclemens

I recently upgraded my project from 2022.2.4 to 2022.2.6. Unity crashed during the upgrade and also it crashes multiple times per day (which it has been doing ever since 2022.2, even with a relatively simple project).

Anyway, whenever I select the Directional Light in the Hierarchy, I used to see a script that was automatically added that looked like this:

upload_2023-2-15_16-46-46.png

but now it just shows this:

upload_2023-2-15_13-34-23.png

So when I run I get errors saying "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" The same situation happens with UniversalAdditionalCameraData.

What happened to the additional data stuff? I checked the documentation and release notes for 2022.2.6 and it doesn't say those scripts were deprecated or anything.

I tried uninstalling URP and reinstalling, but not only did it fail to fix the problem, now every single material in the entire project is the dreaded pink. It is URP 14.0.6.

Ever since 2022.2 the crashing has been extremely frustrating. The only thing I can think of to do next is to start a whole new project and begin importing everything from the old project into it.

EDIT: Sooo... uhhh.. deleting the Library and obj directory and then reopening the project fixed both problems (additional-data scripts and pink materials). I have no idea why.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Lucky! If you're ahead of LTS you are an unpaid test pilot and should wear a crash helmet.

This also means your project could get wadded up into so much tin foil on a moment's notice, so proper aggressive use of source control and experimental branching is critical.

Anything else is just playing with a ticking bomb.

lclemens likes this.