Search Unity

Upgrading custom shader to HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by carcasanchez, Jan 27, 2020.

1. carcasanchez

carcasanchez

Hello there.
    I am working in a HDRP project right now, and I need to adapt a custom shader from the standard pipeline to HDRP.
    Sadly, this has proven really difficult, since there's no API nor documentation about.
    I have found numerous opinions and turnarounds over forums and tutorials: using a custom node in Shader Graph (which doesn't work if following the official Unity blog), calling a HLSL file from Shader Graph...
    One interesting piece explains about how to create a very simple shader for HDRP in HSLS, but if I try to move a complex code, I found that (again, due to the lack of docs) I don't know how Unity handles macros and variables in the new pipeline.

Right now, what I have is a critical shader that is unusable on the new pipeline, and no solution on the horizon. Is there any (updated, if possible) piece of media that can act as a tutorial/documentation on how to handle custom shaders in HDRP?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. Draykoon

Draykoon