Search Unity

Upgraded to LTS 2018.4.4f1 has issues with external SD cards

Discussion in 'Android' started by TitanUnity, Aug 13, 2019.

1. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

Hi,

A couple weeks back we upgraded from Unity 2018.2.21f1 to Unity LTS 2018.4.4f1. Shortly after release we had several players write in experiencing issues with their SD card. Honestly, we never really thought much about SD cards and it's never been a problem for us with this game... but suddenly we had multiple players write in saying they were no longer able to play our game.

Here are our storage settings for Android
    Storage.png

Various messages from players all immediately following update:

"I found out when i have the game in internal memory it works fine but when i send to sd card is when it doesnt work."

"looks like this problem was my own fault as I always move my games storage to my SD card, this time for whatever reason it's not letting me open XXXXX while stored there but using internal storage of my phone the game opens fine."

"I started moving all game apps to my SD card to save room in my phone's internal storage but I noticed that when I update any of the games that they move back to internal storage on their own so then after updating I move them back to my SD card through the app settings in my phone, I never had a problem logging in or playing any of the games after doing this."

This player provided an image regarding a missing 'Change Storage' option:
    "After your last update the option to move the game to your SD card was removed, this is not an issue with my device but the option left out by your programming. The screenshot attached shows what you left out with his last update"

Missing.jpg

To our knowledge we have not changed any settings related to storage on Android devices, please help.
    Thanks

2. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

Surprised, has no one else experienced an issue with external storage for Android devices? Are we doing something simple incorrectly? The part that's throwing us off is that we've made no changes other than upgrading Unity and now we have an issue. Any help here would be great.