Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgraded project to 5.5, Cloud Build fails and logs can't be viewed

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by Superxwolf, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Superxwolf

Superxwolf

Project name: Get Down

Description of issue:

Previously I had my project in 5.4.x building for iOS with Cloud Build, and it all worked out fine. With the release of 5.5 I decided to upgrade my project to use ASTC texture format, amongst the other improvements. First I got the "Advetisement namespace could not be found" error and could not resolve it even by toggling Ads services in the project, so I decided to just comment out the Ads code in the meanwhile to test the ASTC changes, but trying to build again failed. The build took an hour to fail, despite it being a small project and average build time was from 5 to 15 minutes. I tried to view the logs but it was stuck at loading, so I decided to download the logs but the download climbed all the way to 180 MB and then network error for the download.

Unity version: 5.5.0f3

XCode version: Tried 7.2, then Latest (8)

Source control: Bit Bucket

Build target: iOS

Relevant plugins: none

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Hello!

I'll start looking into this for you, and I'll reply once I've got some info.

- Sophia

3. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Are your failed builds with XCode 8? There's an existing issue where builds with XCode 8 are too large due to debug symbols not being stripped.

- Sophia

4. Superxwolf

Superxwolf

I first tried to build with XCode 7.2, but I had the same issue.

5. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Can you please confirm if this builds locally from a fresh checkout?

6. Superxwolf

Superxwolf

I only have a PC and an iPhone, which is why I relied on Cloud Build. I did a fresh checkout and managed to locally build the iOS Xcode project and an Android build. Was going make a new Cloud Build target for Android to test if it's only iOS but when I go to create a new Build Target, the repository branch selection keeps loading and I am unable to pick a branch.

7. Superxwolf

Superxwolf

I fixed the not being able to select the branch, had switch the project to another organization and had to update the SSH key in Bit Bucket.

I made an Android cloud built successfully, yet iOS keeps failing without being able to see the logs. This time I tested with Unity 5.5.0p1 and Xcode 7.3

Also Merry Christmas if you are or about to take the holiday vacations.

8. Superxwolf

Superxwolf

Fixed, had switched scripting backend to Mono2x back in 5.4, in a bug hunt. Switching to IL2CPP now compiles successfully but the generated log files are still absurdly large.

9. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Hi @Superxwolf

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner.

I'm glad to hear that you sorted this issue :D

Thanks for providing the info for your fix!

- Sophia

10. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Regarding the large logs- have you tried a clean build?

- Sophia

unityunity