Search Unity

Question Upgraded project to 2020.2 gets compilation errors

Discussion in 'VR' started by stillwind, Feb 21, 2021.

1. stillwind

stillwind

Hi,

I have a VR project previously working in version 2020.1.0b16. But when I attempt to upgrade it I get compilation errors.

The project is for Quest and uses the Oculus integrations package, the errors I'm getting are similar to this "Assets\Oculus\VR\Scripts\OVRPlatformMenu.cs(18,24): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VR' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

I haven't dealt with assemblies before but I found that there is an assembly file for the Oculus scripts. I tried to add missing references under "Assembly Definition References" but there's no reference for the UnityEngine.VR (or any Unity VR module at all) in the list. I can confirm that VR does appear to be included in package manager (under Unity built in packages).

So how do I resolve this? Thanks for any help!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I don't believe UnityEngine.VR exists there. It's called UnityEngine.XR now. You should probably revert your project to the previous version of Unity, or whatever is the latest version the Oculus integrations package supports.

3. stillwind

stillwind

How sure are you about that? When I look at the package manager with built-in packages selected I do see VR... isn't that the one it wants?