Search Unity

Upgraded Project from 2019.1.0f2 to 2019.2.3f1 - Performance/FPS Drop by 30-50FPS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ZackNewworldcoders, Sep 7, 2019.

1. ZackNewworldcoders

ZackNewworldcoders

I upgraded our project to the newest Unity version, and i noticed a huge performance difference, i tried building a stand alone on the new version and the performance difference is still persistent.

We worked a very long time optimizing everything, and making sure things were properly batched, ive already dived into a couple things and cant seem to find anything that would be causing it...

Nothing has changed in the project except for the upgrade... Is anyone else having the same issues?

Recap
    Was Getting 30-35 FPS in editor under 2019.1.0f2 under HDRP
    Now Getting 12-15 FPS in editor under 2019.2.3f1 under HDRP

Stand alone was 60-140 FPS with 2019.1.0f2
    Standalone now is ~35-45 FPS with 2019.2.3f1

which makes our project... well... :(

Screenshots attached, please notice the FPS in the stats window top right

thanks in advanced

Attached Files:

2. ZackNewworldcoders

ZackNewworldcoders

Ok iu have some more information I have done alot of testing on multiple versions of unity, all copies of the same files, all took hours to complile and have segragated, but here are the results

You can Clearly see that in Unity 2019.2.x + the frame drop.... it would be nice to figure out why, eventually i would like to upgrade....

i Also tried Unity 2019.3.0b2.... and it just hangs at Play button for our project... im just litting it sit over time to see if it moves...

Attached Files:

3. ZackNewworldcoders

ZackNewworldcoders

and Unity 2019.2.4f1 Screenie

Attached Files: