Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Upgrade to Unity 5 Physics: Weird multi collision force amplification

Discussion in 'Physics' started by greggtwep16, Mar 24, 2015.

1. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

I recently upgraded an old pre-alpha prototype I've had (so please excuse the graphics) to Unity 5. I'm seeing a force amplification when an object collides with more than one object simultaneously. In the video below it's the 5th basketball shot but I see it continuously ONLY when the basketball hits the backboard and the rim at the same time (the first four shots are more typical normal physics behavior. The video and inpector of the physics material is below (rim is attached but ball and backboard are same just with different bounciness and friction values). Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this in Unity 5 when you collide with multiple objects at the same time?

inspector.jpg